CSI Miami: Why did they bother taking Adam Rodriguez off the opening credits?

He is still on every episode even though he isn't in the opening credits anymore.

Favorite Answer

Because Adam wasn't going to be in every episode this season. Contract negotiations fell apart last summer and they wanted to kill him off (have him dead when season 8 started)... he didn't want this so he agreed to do 10 episodes of season 8 and then be gone. So, since he wasn't in every episode, they took him off the opening credits. BUT, CBS came to their senses and agreed to a contract with Adam, so he will be back full time next season, and likely back in the opening credits. He was in 8.01, 8.03, 8.05, a couple midseason, and the last several episodes.

Well, technically he left the show to appear on "Ugly Betty" - but that show then got cancelled.

I'm not sure if he came back to CSI: Miami permanently - but I'm betting it costs money to re-do the credits, and maybe they'll wait until next season to make the change.

I wondered the exact same thing! I watch some of the episodes with an elderly uncle, and I accidentally told him that Adam had left the show, but he's on EVERY episode!

in accordance to IMDB, there's a action picture up forward for him ("a happy dying"), so he would flow away the practice a minimum of quickly to action picture it. i'm nonetheless uncertain if he's being killed off, if his character lives from his gunshot wound, they're going to use the scientific flow away because of the fact the actor's day without work