Is weird al yankovic REALLY against...?

Downloading music? i mean i hear his song "don't download this song" but it seems to have recollections of frivolous lawsuits such as 7 year old girl sued 3 years after downloading. an old grandma who was sued 6 months after death or something. and tommy chong , thrown into jail for downloading.... show more Downloading music? i mean i hear his song "don't download this song"
but it seems to have recollections of frivolous lawsuits such as 7 year old girl sued 3 years after downloading. an old grandma who was sued 6 months after death or something. and tommy chong , thrown into jail for downloading.

and in the song he states " dont download this song, how else do you think i can buy another solid gold Humvee, these things dont grow on trees"

it seems like he is somewhat AGAINST downloading music online, and more taking the piss out on greedy artists that earn enough doing live shows and money through merchandise , etcetera.

So i wanna know weird al's actual thoughts on this, does he care ? or he couldnt give a rats ***?
i want to think that he Doesnt care and thinks greedy artists are just a deadbeat ,

*also metallica band member heavily agrees on this. he strongly is against lawsuits due to download / copyright infringement*

*if it was MOVIES, i understand. but music? what the hell.* MC LARS also agrees on this
4 answers 4