Some of my ancestry traces back to Spain, do I have European blood within me?

My mom has told me that one of my great-grandparents was from Spain. Do I have European blood within me?

The rest of my blood is Filipino but that's all I know.

Favorite Answer

Spain is in Europe. Thus Spanish is European, so yes. I don't know why people think Spanish isn't European. And Spaniards aren't the descendants of Berbers, Arabs, and Jews.

Yes, Spaniards are Europeans. Also, although some Spaniards do have some ancestry from converted Moors (Arabs and Berbers) and Jews, those groups are still Caucasian and light-skinned, just Mediterranean. When Cortes and the Spaniards first encountered the Aztecs in Mexico, the Aztecs were reportedly shocked at how pale the Spaniards were compared to them. Spaniards descend from a mixture of various groups, including the ancient indigenous Iberians, Celts, Romans, Visigoths, Moors, Jews, and others. Most of the Moorish ancestry is concentrated in the southern region of Andalusia.

What's European blood and how does it differ from any other blood from a different continent. lol

You have Spanish Ancestry. Europe is just a continent and not a way to define your blood type.

Most of us from North, Central, and South America have ancestors from Europe. Nothing all that extraordinary.

Filipino? what do u think the Spanish did when they got there? WHy are Filipino women so fine? Cause they're mixed with Spanish/Moorish and Asian Blood.

Apparently

Yes

Umm yess.... Spaniards count as Europeans, ur part Spaniard might as well say ur part European.

Spain = Europe

Spaniard = Eruopean

You do know that Spain is in Europe... right???

perhaps, but remember that many spaniards are descended from (forcibly) converted jews and muslims (arabs and berbers).

No way! (sarcasm)