Some of my ancestry traces back to Spain, do I have European blood within me?

My mom has told me that one of my great-grandparents was from Spain. Do I have European blood within me?

Update:

The rest of my blood is Filipino but that's all I know.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Spain is in Europe. Thus Spanish is European, so yes. I don't know why people think Spanish isn't European. And Spaniards aren't the descendants of Berbers, Arabs, and Jews.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Yes, Spaniards are Europeans. Also, although some Spaniards do have some ancestry from converted Moors (Arabs and Berbers) and Jews, those groups are still Caucasian and light-skinned, just Mediterranean. When Cortes and the Spaniards first encountered the Aztecs in Mexico, the Aztecs were reportedly shocked at how pale the Spaniards were compared to them. Spaniards descend from a mixture of various groups, including the ancient indigenous Iberians, Celts, Romans, Visigoths, Moors, Jews, and others. Most of the Moorish ancestry is concentrated in the southern region of Andalusia.

• 10 years ago

What's European blood and how does it differ from any other blood from a different continent. lol

You have Spanish Ancestry. Europe is just a continent and not a way to define your blood type.

Most of us from North, Central, and South America have ancestors from Europe. Nothing all that extraordinary.

• 10 years ago

Filipino? what do u think the Spanish did when they got there? WHy are Filipino women so fine? Cause they're mixed with Spanish/Moorish and Asian Blood.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Apparently

• 10 years ago

Yes

• 10 years ago

Umm yess.... Spaniards count as Europeans, ur part Spaniard might as well say ur part European.

Spain = Europe

Spaniard = Eruopean

• 10 years ago

You do know that Spain is in Europe... right???

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

perhaps, but remember that many spaniards are descended from (forcibly) converted jews and muslims (arabs and berbers).

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No way! (sarcasm)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.