Question about the disclosure of disabilities?

Why shouldn't the land lord/boss/other entity be denied information about the people whom they hire or lease from? In many cases it's pertinent information. To me it's no different than the well-known and very illegal scam that car dealerships pull sometimes where they effectively lie to the... show more Why shouldn't the land lord/boss/other entity be denied information about the people whom they hire or lease from? In many cases it's pertinent information.

To me it's no different than the well-known and very illegal scam that car dealerships pull sometimes where they effectively lie to the customer about getting low financing rates and lets the customer leave with the car for a day or two, then they call the customer back claiming that the financing (that they never had in the first place fell through and that they need to bring the car back and re-negotiate the deal (in which the financing terms will be an order of magnitude higher than the original deal.) In essence they change the rules as they go along.

It seems that how the laws are now when pertaining to PWD are similar. Suppose you're a landlord and you take in a PWD as tenant. As I understand it, you're not allowed to inquire about the person's disabilities before hand. So once the PWD signs the lease. The PWD can make requests for accommodations and *still* doesn't have to prove anything to get said accommodations. So in essence the land lord can be stuck with the bill for pay for these accommodations and the person who requested them is under no expectation to even discuss why these accommodations are needed in the first place.

Wouldn't it be fair to everyone involved to have all the information laid out beforehand?

note: I may be mistaken in how I interpeted the disclousure laws, so if I'm mistaken, I appologize and any clarification would be welcome.