What is the best way to remove super glue from a camera lens?

Recently a rim had become detached from one of my camera lenses, a friend of mine claimed to have experience of fixing this problem. Using a small amount of super glue they did indeed reattach the rim unfortunately though, the glue seems to have spread out and left a white film on parts of the lens. I applied... show more Recently a rim had become detached from one of my camera lenses, a friend of mine claimed to have experience of fixing this problem. Using a small amount of super glue they did indeed reattach the rim unfortunately though, the glue seems to have spread out and left a white film on parts of the lens. I applied standard lens cleaning fluid which was partially successful but there is still some residue, so does anyone know of a good method to remove this completely, without damaging the lens?

Thanks