Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 10 years ago

Do Man Utd fans secretly watch footage of the great Liverpool sides of the 70s and 80s ?

curuious thats all.

i don't ever youtube or google up United treble 99...i just don't.

im always looking at footage of my own club in the 70s and 80s, especialy in europe.

out of curiousity i wonder if United fans - the most anti-scouse anti-lfc ones, quietly fire up their computers and enter 'Liverpool 1978 european cup champions' in their search engines...and open a packet of McVities choccy biscuits and watch....how the masters of the game ruled once.

maybe theres no shame in this, as is the case we have won it 5 times.

its just intrigue right ? do you find yourself equally mesmerised about Liverpool F.C's great history as much as we are ?

l

pretty lil sunita you're starting to get on my feckin nerves now, this is the 3rd of 4th time maybe you've answered my question in a pathetic immature manner, keep this up and I will report you - u little sh1t on a stick you.

Favorite Answer

Your clutching at straws here I think! Liverpool, although once great, definitely aren't now and with all the uncertainty at the club, sadly, things are only going to get worse. I imagine most Man U fans, rather than look at any Liverpool triumphs on the net, would be searching the 98-99 season and remembering the amazing, unmatched, treble.Personally, as neither a fan of Man U or Liverpool, the only amazing thing that Liverpool have done, that I would search and want to have another look at, is when they came back from 3-0 down to win the European Cup in 2005. That truly was amazing.

McVities chocolate biscuits ? dark choc or plain milk choc ones ?

what brought that on lol

don't make them hate you all over again mr anfield aces, you worked so hard to win them over...and now you're throwing it all on the line with a 'provocative' question like this ?

lol

maybe they do maybe they don't.

some do some don't.

just like some man u fans respect liverpool and their history

and some don't.

and you get a55holes on merseyside who are the same.

both clubs are guilty of singing hillsbrough and munich songs, and neither sets of supportesr can say they're the more innocent of hte two.

its a small minority of fans - but it started off when SoS (spirit of shankley) supporters club started chanting munich repeatedly.

well it didnt start there, obviously not - cos republik of mancunia have also said/done some nasty things esp regarding heysel.

that t-shirt , 'we won it 3 times' (without killing anyone) was clearly the work of some scum.

bottom line is - a handful of idiots from both clubs ruin it for the rest.

im a west ham supporter but i do watch footage of the great arsenal, chelsea and spurs sides of the 60s and 70s just like some of their fans watch footage of some of the great west ham teams of that era too.

• Susan

1) Liverpool 2) United 3) United 4) I get on fine with everyone 5) More fans from the other 15 teams.

• I've seen footage of the 1985 European Cup final, if that's the great Liverpool you're talking about.

hahahaha im hoping there is some irony in this question,if you havent won the league in over 20 years,have just finished 7th id suggest its not a good idea to taunt a team that have been the most sucessful over the last 20 years,i hate man utd so no bias here.

If Man U fans wanted to look at some Liverpool glory days I guess they would have no option but to go back that far in time.

I'm sure Fergie does - and self-flaggelates at the fact that while he has managed to emulate the domestic success that Liverpool experienced he has not been able to achieve it in Europe to the same extent.

Bob Paisley - still the only manager to manage 3 European Cup winning sides.

Quite honestly no.

Manchester United has the best history in the world - that is why even in your hey day we were more popular. So why would we want to watch Liverpool when we can watch the Busby Babes? George Best? Eric Cantona or any number of players who are amongst the best ever?

No absolutely not. Don't be ridiculous. Do you ever sit and watch the Busby Babes? opening your scouser Hobnobs and searching for, 'first ever English team to win the European cup'????

• James

Only the 2005 CL final but that will always be remembered as one of the worlds greatest ever comebacks...Have you, ever watched any of our footage? 1999?