C J W asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Is the United States a terrorist state?

Given the state terrorism committed by paramilitary groups funded by the US, the actions of the CIA in other countries (assassinating politicians and installing new regimes), secret bombings of neutral countries (Cambodia, 1969), supplying the Muhajadeen, drug trafficking during the 80s and Iran Contra, etc., is the US a terrorist state?

Hawk, do you know what the definition of state terrorism or terrorism in general is? Violent actions taken to affect political change. How is the government authorizing agencies to assassinate foreign leaders and install military dictators not state terrorism?

Best Answer

Duh your just now figuring that out? Hell our own states and government think its people are terrorist in waiting and treat us so.

You know, I had a conversation one day with my dad and he said the same exact thing, that America did some awful sh** and covered their tracks by creating plausible deniability so that others could buy into it. America doesn't want to admit that they made the wrong decision in the Afghan-Soviet War. They wanted to hurt the Soviets, let them bleed and have their Vietnam after the Soviets godfathered them into the regimes they became. Now that's bititng us in the back in a big way and without getting too political, I would say that those conservatives who dreamed up this idea took their Cold War politics and distorted it too far.

The CIA has done tons of sh** all over the world. They learned their lesson after messing with other people's governments. When you take down a government that is working for the people it gives the party on the wrong side of history to gain control and that will lead to not only bad governing for the people but hatred for America. Do I think what they did was terrorist like? Yes.

oh poor thing can't find your tin foil hat? If you were an american you'd be free to make another one. Too bad for you huh. Trust me sweety NOBODY in this country is scared of our govt. we don't have to be. OUR govt. is made up of our citizens, not by a bunch of sadists as I'm guessing is your problem. As for world domination, why would we want it. Most of the world is dying to get in here! We own the majority of the rest of the world and have ties of some sort with the others. So we dont' really need it. But you are right about one thing, we are POWERFUL enough that we have the right and the ability to tell those of you who don't like us, or want to speak out against us to go straight to HELL! UPDATE: As far as the special pipe for me honey, first you'd have to ask your MOMMA to remove her lips. I dont' do sloppy seconds! You have the option of studying French, but you don't have the option to learn how to spell studiing! dumb@ss. Awww, you are so sweet, you think I'm a typical American, thank you so much. I asked you a question myself why dont' you go and answer it for all of PLEASE. I'm really excited to hear your wisdom. OH and it's discrimination! not descrimination. So French is a race now, are they black, white, or YELLOW. Why won't you answer my question though, just click on my avatar and it will take you right to it, lets show the world how tough you are baby! I'll tell you what I'll wait 5 more min. then I'm going to bed, some of us actually have to work for a living, we don't get to be worthless trash!

Terrorism= The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

#2 is the "legal" definition, since the United States is a nation it is incapable of terrorism, per se. And terrorism is legally a crime against civilian populations, which the United States never purposely targets.

Yup, and run by bankers while pretending that it is a democratic nation. Too freaking bad that the coddled brain dead mass media hounds can't and won't figure out what's right in front of their scentless noses. But dare to point out facts (and not the corporate paid for fiction CNN, Fox News ect expunges) and they shriek, "conspiracy theorist!!", instead of realizing that you not only listen/hear the same mass media crap that they do, but have taken time to look and research other media resources and weighed the 2 and realized what makes more sense, even where it comes down to the historical sense of countries.

When its too late, they'll figure it out and shock themselves with their epiphanies, too bad it'll be too late.

If you were sitting around in your hut sipping tea late at night with your children tucked into nap sacks, and you were suddenly smashed by a electronically guided explosive device...

...what would you think?

do you know what the definition of a terrorist is? the word "terror" is in there for a reason. and no, the US does not target civilians to instill terror to accomplish goals, that alone makes us not a terrorist state,since we dont fit the definition.

manipulative: oh hell yes

terrorist: no.

• Sam

To many nations it is.

• Tim

Is the United States a terrorist state?

Let me guess, you're on the left? Night night.

• Yes, the biggest terrorist state of all.

• ?

No.Pakistan and Afganistan!