My parents always criticize me when they shouldn't. Help?

They wanted me to get into 2 top notch schools and I did get into one of them, which i'm going to now. Then my mom continuously tells me i should've applied to an ivy league. I know i couldn't have gotten in but she won't believe me. it's kind of rude considering i already got into a top... show more They wanted me to get into 2 top notch schools and I did get into one of them, which i'm going to now. Then my mom continuously tells me i should've applied to an ivy league. I know i couldn't have gotten in but she won't believe me. it's kind of rude considering i already got into a top university. i've worked so hard for so many years, and it's just kind of mean to put me down. none of my parents finished college either. my mom got an AA degree at a community college but that's it.

they tell me to socialize with girls my age here, and the girls they want me to socialize with are stuck up, fake, loser girls who are going no where with their lives. they hang out together to show that they have "friends." i'd rather not associate with "fake" friends.

my parents dont get anything i tell them..it's like they're blind to everything.