Should I join the Marine Corps?

I'm a female and a friend took me with her when she had an appointment with a recruiter and I originally did not want to join when we were talking to the recruiter, but after a while every time I go to the PT sessions I get sucked into the motivation and pride and I feel like telling the recruiter I want to... show more I'm a female and a friend took me with her when she had an appointment with a recruiter and I originally did not want to join when we were talking to the recruiter, but after a while every time I go to the PT sessions I get sucked into the motivation and pride and I feel like telling the recruiter I want to sign up for the D.E.P....but then I hear from people that women get treated like ****, or they're sexually harrased ALL the time or that they're called a "walking mattress"/slut/lesbian. Which by the way I am not any of those, so I don't know why all female marines are catagorized under those titles...I guess from a "few bad apples." So should I just ignore what they all say and serve my country? Or should I just say screw this and walk away?
Update: Okay thank you for your responses, I really appreciate it. You've helped me out a lot with my decision process.