promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is main christian church in USA?

what is the main denomination church in USA? the majority of Americans are Protestants but what denomination are the popular?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are about 39,000 denominations of Christianity. Evangelical Christians tend to be the loudest and have a media platform, but they are not the majority. Some people argue whether you can even call Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, or Catholics "Christian." Basically, everyone has their own opinion on this topic, and since not everyone states their denomination and it wasn't addressed in this last census, I'd say just take your pick.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hard to say; Southern Baptists are a large denomination, but then so are the Pentecostal movements. Even Catholics are quite numerous and there is a lot of "shopping around" that religious people do in the US.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • zurn
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Baptists i assume. even nonetheless all they do in Church is hear to. somebody study the Bible. they are no longer incredibly ' baptists' simply by fact they circulate away the Bible for interpretation via its individuals. So maximum of them convert to a different of their lives.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • The USA has a secular government but it has mostly Evangelical Protestant Christians. (Yes the religion that likes your money)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Unite...

• oroian
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Baptists i think. even nonetheless all they do in Church is pay attention to. somebody study the Bible. they are actually not fairly ' baptists' because of fact they pass away the Bible for interpretation by using its contributors. So maximum of them convert to a distinctive of their lives.

• 1 decade ago

I would say protestant

but catholic is popular for controversy and they make the most money

• Rene
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There are no main Christians churches. There are only the true born again believers that come from various churches and are united into the family of Christ.

• 1 decade ago

Dollar church !!

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.