Jehovah's witness marrying a muslim man?

I have a friend who consider herself a JW, but doesn't attend the religious meeting like she used to. She met a muslim man, who she likes a lot. I think he's cute, very nice, and he treats her respectable. She told him she's a jw, he said ok, n that was the end of the convo. He moved to Canada a year ago 2 marry this girl n she cheated, so he left her, since then he said girls asked him out n he said no, but for some reason he's into my friend, n have told some of his familt about her. He doesn't practice his believe like he should, I think he feels bad about that. His dad n mom aren't together, he doesn't talk 2 his father. I think my friend said something about him being Italian. His father= Italian n mother= muslim. NOT 100% SURE on this. He's lives in canada but 15hr drive from her. She said they talk on webcam n he cries sometimes cus he miss his family n not happy with his life, he said my friend makes his life better. He ask me friend if he can live with her when she moves out, n then see how they relationship goes from there, she told him no cus of her being jw n her not believing in living together n not being married, I think she said no cus she's afraid of what her family will say, even tho her sister n her brother inlaw r the only regular witness. Her adopted mother n her r in the same boat when it comes to being a jw. She told me she loves him n wants 2 marry him one day, and sometimes wishes they were living together, but she's afraid of what will happened, cus of they belief etc... I don't know how to help her, but I was hoping u guys can,,,,,sorry I wrote a lot, I know some ppl hate reading, but I hope someone can help me help her.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tell your friend not to further her wish. It will only hurt her. Jehovah's instruction found in Ephesians 5:28, 33 teaches "husband" to love their wives. It states: "In this way husbands ought to be loving their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. Nevertheless, also, let each one of YOU individually so love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband."

How can the man really fulfill his role as the loving husband when he doesn't even know anything about the Creator's instruction? You should urge your friend to get back to practice her beliefs again. I sense trouble heading her way like a hurricane but she choose not to evacuate.

The Bible warns against marrying people outside their faith. (1 Cor 7:39) Even if someone choose to marry someone within the same faith, 1 Corinthians 7:28 says: "Those who do will have tribulation in their flesh."

It is better for her to stay away from this man unless she's willing to give up the loving Creator, Jehovah, that give all of us life. --Acts 17:24-28.

• 1 decade ago

Do not get involved in matters of the heart.Plus when one find themselves in a hole..naturally one should stop digging.However some...

Hope that helps.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.