Young adult book series?

Some things that have been popular are Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, and Twilight. So you have magic, vampires, dystopian future, and gods. What are some things that I have not mentioned and that are not overdone that you would like to read a young adult series about?

PS I forgot the Alex Rider series about spies.

Best Answer

Haha I've read all those books you listed, except for Alex Rider, and love them all!

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson is very good. It's about a "flock" of six human-avian hybrids that were genetically engineered at an evil "School". It has plenty of great conflicts: do they have actual parents, or are they just "test-tube babies"? Is their adoptive father, Jeb, plotting against them, only pretending to love them all along? Will they be captured by the School once again?

You might also like the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. It's about a teenage girl, Clarissa Fray, whose mother is attacked by a demon, possibly sent from an evil Shadowhunter, Valentine Morgenstern. She's pulled into a fantasy world of vampires, werewolves, and demons. Clary meets a mysterious, golden-haired Jace, who she is attracted to, but Valentine drops a huge secret on them that may or may not be true that gets in the way of them ever being in love.

I know; those were very crappy summaries of the first books of great series, and I apologize. I hope that I helped, though!

• If you want more dystopian future check out the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. The Red Pyramid is out by Rick Riordan which is not as good as Percy Jackson but still good. So there's some gods and magic. The Life As We Knew It-The Dead and the Gone-This World We Live In trilogy is your end of the world. The Maximum Ride series is your genetics, adventure, and action. The first 3 books in the Maximum Ride series are good, then...well read for yourself.

Dragonspell and sequels Donita K. Paul The Dark is Rising Sequence Susan Cooper (so much better than the movie) The Secret Circle Trilogy, Forbidden Game Trilogy and Dark Visions Trilogy all by L J Smith (no vampires, but she wrote other books with vampires) The Rover and sequels Mel Odom Solstice Wood by Patricia McKillip The Xanth series by Piers Anthony This is not a YA series and has more innuendo than actual sex scenes. Pun filled.

Maximum Ride

House of Night books

The Mortal Instruments trilogy

those are my three FAVORITE series along with the 4 you listed(Twilight doesn't really count as a favorite,but it was OK)

I have not read the Alex Rider series however,though they do sound good!

Yeah, my friend is writing a story and it's basically a rip-off of Percy Jackson so don't go down that route. So the whole spy things quite popular at the moment, as long as you can put a good spin on it.

Just realistic issues i guess. I can't begin to understand how the whole vampire, fatasy, etc. thing is so popular... But yeah, just like...issues facing everyday teens. Take The Catcher in the Rye for example, it's just about a teen who doesn't really know where he belongs in society; and after like, 50+ years it's still widly read, and considered a must read...

i dont think any of sarah dessen's books are overdone and i love her books :)

rick riorden (the author of the percy jackson series) is writing a new series about egyptian gods/rulers...sounds overdone but might be good :) ya never know!

House of Night books

C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe series.