Who will have a better French Open: Aravane Rezai or Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez?

They both shocked huge favorites in the finals of huge clay events. But who will have a more successful run in the French Open...

I'm saying Aravane Rezai, because I'm bias. I like that she hits the ball powerfully, I like that she isn't a tooth pick, I like that she is Iranian, I like her tan, and I love her bizarro outfits. I hope she makes the quarterfinals or furthur. I mean, she beat HENIN! She's like the best clay courter..

Best Answer

At best, I think Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez can make the quarters at Roland Garros, but I think Aravane Rezai will go even further in her country's grand slam. Don't count her out. She could win the title if she plays really well with confidence. She did get big wins over Henin, Jankovic and Venus in Madrid which is very impressive for her small size. She's actually smaller than Henin, but she generates so much power with her movements, and that's why she is a such a good player that has a lot of potential with talent. Not many girls can do that. I think she'll be in the top 10 if she stays consistent, confident, and fit.

Martinez Sanchez has an interesting game, but I don't think it is enough to beat the very top players like Serena or Henin. She doesn't have any real weapons and if she's not hitting her drop shots or volleys well, she's in trouble. Rezai, on the other hand, has almost effortless power, but plays a risky game. Since she hits big off both wings, she could go toe-to-toe with the best, like she showed in Madrid. I really think Rezai is a dark-horse contender with the form she's bringing into Paris.

I think Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez will do better.

French players have tend to come in strong before the French Open and always under-perform in Paris because of the intense pressure of the French media, Rezai can prove me wrong though. Spaniards have a good record at the Open...

• john

Aravane Rezai

Rezai because she won this week and Martinez was defeated by Stosur.

I think Rezai could win the title if she plays well and she plays well in front of her home crowd.

I hope she does really well.

I hope both do well but Rezai will have good support from the French crowd.

I think Rezai. She will have the confidence after being fantastic in Madrid.

• Ju

Hopefully, Martinez Sanchez because she's from my adopted home country. :-)

Realistically though...Rezai.