How come nobody ever comes out and help the poor and poorest American Indian?

There are so many tribes that are living in poverty that are in need but there is no one to help and give a hand. I'm not a American Indian at all but dam I feel that I must makes this issue known.

• Favorite Answer

as you can see from many of the other answers, americans in general don't really give a sh** about us. their heads are filled with the lies of casino money and government handouts (both untrue). add that to the fact that your media ignores us unless it suits the agenda du jour and the fact that your government has never stopped stealing from us and you will see how bad it is. even those who think we should all move off the reservation (btw 70% of us have) are still benefitting from the continued theft of native resources and lands. THEY are the ones being subsidized by a system that allows them to think its their money being used,

so while the media and all the world was focused on the tragedy in haiti, another tragedy hit in usa..one that was ignored by the media and americans alike. millions of dollars were sent to another country while people in your own were freezing to death.

http://eclecticwoman.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/disa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3h5ra3UeR4

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Source(s): mohawk

@ Um..Me? - Research huh? Well you better get on it cause obviously your clueless. What check? What money do we supposedly get? I don't get anything and neither does my people, educate yourself instead of spreading the lies.

The reservations in the United States could qualify as a third world country, right here in the middle of the US, but who cares? People complain and b***h about Natives and reservations, let me ask you this... Who the hell put us here? As for the moron who said to get off the reservation and get a job, Honey I probably make than you and I still live on the Reservation and I'm still standing here saying kiss my beautiful cute Native Rear!!!

Source(s): Oglala Lakota Sioux

Well you really cant blame us for not knowing. Its not like they have commercials and charity events saying "Help the American Indian tribes". Not in my state anyway.

But sure. I'll help. Do you have a link or something?

Plenty of homeless people and orphans all around the country too.

i agree with you people should help native americans but its not easy to et people to stand up and fight for what they belive in. i think you should go and help them. it would show what kind of person you are. people might follow in your foot steps

So very true. I feel that it is because most bleeding-heart liberals are too busy falling over themselves racing to the aid of blacks to even notice others in need.

• Good point. For some reason I dont think of them as being my responsibility.

This is why I hate it when people ask questions about us, you get answers like Malcom Xlax.

They don't care, the only time they pretend to care is when they want our votes.

They could leave the reservation and get a job. The choice is theirs. I feel no sympathy for them, nor do I want to pay for their indolent life style.

1. They aren't forced to live in reservations

2. That casino check they get every month is enough to suffice

Research, bruh, research