Illegal Immigration Law; racist (read descrip.)?

So, as everyone who has not lived under a rock their whole life knows, Arizona (my state) passed a law concerning illegal immigration. Now, I noticed a lot of people are outraged at this bill, comparing it to "Nazi Germany" and saying AZ is "anti-immigration", even going so far as to boycott... show more So, as everyone who has not lived under a rock their whole life knows, Arizona (my state) passed a law concerning illegal immigration.

Now, I noticed a lot of people are outraged at this bill, comparing it to "Nazi Germany" and saying AZ is "anti-immigration", even going so far as to boycott the whole state. But why? Do you think these people have actually read the bill? Do they understand that one must have engaged in suspicious or criminal behavior in order to have their citizenship simply questioned?

Since this law isn't going to be simply lifted any time soon, do you think it is fair and mature that other cities are boycotting all the citizens living in this already economically struggling state? It's not an anti-immigration law, it's an anti-illegal immigration law, and nobody is going to get pulled out by a cop out of nowhere and be asked for their "papers".

Also, I hear a lot of this too: "they are just seeking a better life..". Alright, It's perfectly fine to seek a better life, but why not the legal way? Nobody wants to pay taxes, but without doing so, things like what what has been happening to Arizona in the past year occur. Of course not all of the illegal immigrants are looking to act in criminal behavior, but you'd think the people who are not violent or smuggling drugs over would not enter the same way.

Reflect as much as you please.

"We should not be so tough on searching for the bank robber, after all, he just wanted a better life."
Update: I will give best answer to whoever actually reads the whole thing and displays such in their answer, regardless of whether I agree.
Update 2: More than one sentence answers are appreciated as well (hint hint...)