Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 10 years ago

Low income and driving a suv?

I am living at home I want to save for a down payment for a house. I am low income I am currently on unemployment. I am sure I will be low income for my life since I was in sp.ed and its hard for me to focus on thing. But what kind of suv should I save for since I will be out on my own. And I need something that doesn't have problems. And that is cheap and has room I currently have a dodge durango 03.

Favorite Answer

If you don't have a quality income right now I would avoid the suvs just because of the cost of gas at the moment and the fact that the price is likely just going to continue rising. If you have to get one...get one of the lighter compact or mid size suvs like the Dodge Kalibur or the Ford Escape that will be a little easier on gas. Secondly, your IQ doesn't really dictate income. Being really bright helps in making a good living....but if you get the right training in certain blue collar trades you can make some really good money. You need to work on your self-esteem and go out and prove yourself wrong.