JeNnn
Lv 4
JeNnn asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

What does the "meat eating" form of police corruption consist of? Or mean?

I am having a hard time trying to figure out what they mean by "meat eating" form of police corruption. Can anyone please help me? Ty

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In 1997, the Knapp Commission on police corruption defined types of police corruption as the "meat-eaters - officers who (aggressively) misuse their police power, ie, shaking down drug dealers and gamblers or demanding protection money to look the other way or grass-eaters - ie, those who (casually) accept free coffee and danish for police presence at particular businesses.

• bedaw
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Police Corruption Definition

• Heidi
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Depends on whether or not the officer in question is dealing with the establishment like they should. If they are treating the establishment like they should as a citizen empowered by the state to uphold the law, then by all means it's just an act of charity and good faith.

• 6 years ago

Example of a meat eater: A 17 year police veteran who demands bribes from local drug dealers and helping them transport their narcotics in his police trunk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

help help me!!! whats a good example of a meat eater ?

• 1 decade ago

WOW! that is the first time I have heard of that. Sorry, I would like to know also.

So your not alone.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.