Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 decade ago

What's it like to live in a large city compared to a small southern country town?

I'm taking online college courses for videogame design but once I graduate, there is a good chance I will have to relocate to a large city since there are no opportunities to find a job in my chose field. I live in a small town in Georgia with perhaps 600 people, a gas station, and a small bodyshop. So I imagine living in a large city would be quite terrifying at first. I've seen shows where people in New York just go about their day as if nothing bothered them, whereas if I went to New York, I would likely be staring and feeling lost. How do city folk do it?

Favorite Answer

Shocking.....That is your answer in a nut shell. I went from Boston Massachusetts to Gallatin TN and I could not believe the cultural differences. Even Nashville (which is much larger than Gallatin TN) was light years away from what Boston is.

My suggestion to you would be at least try Atlanta or Savannah or some other "large" Southern City before stepping into the "BIG APPLE"....The Big Apple is shocking for us Yankees sometimes!!!!

One huge difference about us East Coast people is once you get in with us, you are in....I found a lot of hypocites in the South.

Good luck.

having lived in both... I kind of miss living in a smallish town.. but it depends on what you want... nothing like looking at a building for a moment in downtown for 10 seconds, and being asked if i have any weed im selling... in general in a bigger city, is better for making more money... you may need to deal with a 2 hour traffic jamb but in a small town everything is cheaper, and no traffic... one thing you sure youll miss nature being all around you

Canada is incredibly like Australia different than for the climate. Your spoiled for determination because of the fact Canada is even bigger than Australia. With you being an Aussie and not a Yank the Canadians discover it an added bonus :)