turtle
turtle asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Do Frodo and Legolas ever have any actual dialog in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy?

It may be just me, but it seems that Legolas and Frodo never actually converse with each other in the trilogy. Tell me if I'm wrong or if they talk in the extended versions of the movies.

Sorry, I meant dialogue.

Favorite Answer

Not that I can recall.

Although when talking about him, Legolas does say Frodo at least once, whereas Frodo never says Legolas, even at the end of ROTK when he calls out everyone (or most of everyone's) names except Legolas, I always laugh because he just never says his name!

Yep you're right. I was a big fan of Legolas so I'd know when the main protagonist says his name. I think the only direct conversation (if your idea of a conversation is just a one way thing) is Legolas's "...and my bow" during the fellowship. Legolas mentioned "Frodo and Sam" when setting up the boat at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring after Boromir died. I thought for sure Frodo would mention or call out his name when Legolas appeared in the doorstep after Frodo woke up (Return of the King). But yeah... No dialogue... Sad huh?

Source(s): Rewatched LOTR a million times