LUBER asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Another movie I cannot remember the name of?

This movie takes place in some sort of college or high school. A teenage boy is found dead in a frozen creek. There is a tight circle of friends, who have some get-togethers in the woods. No one seems to know what happened to the boy until he is found under the frozen waters of the creek. The boy who died had a female friend. She leaves for the holidays and leaves the boy in college. There is policeman who is determined to find out how the boy died. The policeman falls in love with one's of the boys teacher. This movie takes place in winter. There is snow everywhere. Finally someone pays a visit to the boy's dad and brings the boy's possesions to him. In the end, I believe they discovered that the boy was lonely and used to drink and I think it is determined that his death was just want accident. I want to say that the name of the movie included the word "river" but I am not sure. This movie was not in the big screen. It was just one of the movies one can rent.

Favorite Answer

The River King (2005)

starring Edward Burns, Jennifer Ehle, Thomas Gibson, John Kapelos, Jamie Thomas King, Rachelle Lefevre

IMDb synopsis:

Abel Grey is sent to investigate the death of a boy from an exclusive local school, who is found floating in the river. Fearing scandal, the school insists it was suicide. But after discovering from the boy's girlfriend, Carlin, that he was being badly bullied, Abel suspects that a dangerous schoolboy initiation has gone horribly wrong and he secretly solicits the help of a sympathetic teacher, Betsy. He is warned off the investigation by his boss, as the school is a generous benefactor to the police benevolent fund. Abel cannot let the case go, not only because his own brother committed suicide years before but also because it seems that the spirit of the dead boy is leaving them clues as to what really happened that night.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-HUNNIqcDc

Youtube thumbnail

I vividly recall this movie, especially the part in which he is supposed to change a white rose to red. That's the part people seem to recall most often when they ask about this one at Y!A Movies.