Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 10 years ago

What type of DVD should I use to back up my computer files (DVD+R, DVD-R, RW, etc.)?

I don't know the difference between all those discs. I need to back up my personal files. Help?

Favorite Answer

DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, all those discs are dvd writeable disc, and all can be used to backup your comptuer files, but you should note dvd+r and dvd-r only writeonce, dvd-rw and dvd+rw are rewriteable disc, of course dvd-rw and dvd+rw are more expensive than dvd-r and dvd+r disc.

And then you need to use right burner software to burn your computer files to the DVD disc, you can try RZ Free DVD Burner, it's free, and can directly burn any files or folders to any DVD Disc as backup. You can yahoo or google search and download RZ Free DVD Burner, easy to use, hope it can help you.

DVD+R and DVD-R are pretty much the same. The "R" stands for Recordable, which means, once your record the data on the disc, you can't add or erase files from it.

DVD-RW and DVD+RW are also pretty much the same. The "RW' stands for Rewritable, which means, you can add or delete files from the disc. You can also wipe out the whole disc and record it with a new one.

It is the same goes to CD's

Additional infos in CD's (Please ignore if you already know)

If you're planning burning cd music, i recommend using a CD-R or +R since some cd player can't read the +RW's.

RW's disc is more expensive than the regular "R"s disc.

Hope this one helps.

• binder

you may discover out what disc varieties the DVD participant (Make ? form?) helps, maximum greater moderen ones help the two DVD-R and DVD+R yet older ones might purely help one or different of the codecs or perhaps none in any respect. distinctive gamers won't help -RW disc except they have been finalised/closed. Technically DVD+R is way less liable to interference and blunders than DVD-R

what files should I back up