How to edit the look of my wordpress blog?

How can i change the navigation bar? Is the only way i can use my own CSS codes is if i pay for an upgrade account? And is there a site where i can find nice header pictures? I'm looking for fashio/model kind and i dont know how to make my own.

Favorite Answer

You can edit your own CSS. Do this:

1. Log into Wordpress and click the left-side menu items Appearance > Editor.

2. On the bottom right click style.css.

3. Copy all of the content of this file and paste it into a local file on your computer as a backup. This is extremely important because it is easy to break the code and if you don't have a backup you're dead.

4. Make the CSS edits that for your menus to look like you want.

To find pictures for your header do a Google search with these keywords:

royalty free photos

That should provide ample pictures for your header.

Good luck with it...

There are a number of ways you can do all of that. In fact there are many sites out there that teach CSS for free, and one of the best ways to get what you want is to outsource the work on places like eLance and Rent-a-coder. Baring having to pay for something there

is always getting free stuff (themes). The problem, of course, is that they are loaded with crap you do not want.

One alternative is to use themes that are both free and not loaded with links or crap you do not want. At least then you can customize it from something besides a blank slate. One such place is

I found a free download of WordPress here http://bit.ly/1yymAQz

Wordpress is probably the most elegant and professional blogging platform