Sarah Jessica Parker is ugly - it's wrong that she should be given work as an actress?

Jack Nicholson is ugly, Woody Allen is ugly. Danny Devito is ugly. No one cares. But Sarah Jessica...? How DARE we cast an ugly woman in a central role of a film....

Thing is, Sarah ain't ugly. She's average with a hot body. It's just that we're so used to seeing airbrushed models that we (society) are genuinely angry and indignant that she can star in a mainstream series and movie where she gets to make out with hot guys. By god, she's like, a woman who is not beautiful - she shouldn't even exist, right?

I see non-beautiful women walking down the road every day. Serving food, wearing suits, picking up kids, drinking in bars....they are in fact MOST women.

What we're saying is that we don't like...most women. We think our non-beautiful mother, or our plain looking sister, or that really nice girl at work, who is just normal looking should be scorned and laughed at... When you chuckle because another men's mag/southpark episode has branded her dog ugly - just remember she isn't the only one you're laughing at.

Are you a woman? Better not get older my dear....mockery awaits you.

Better hope you never have a kid that isn't a beauty; the world will treat her with the same contempt you've shown Sarah. Have no doubt about that. You've made your own bed - let your future lie in it.

Favorite Answer

Oh no.. poor thing Sarah.. she is such a brilliant actress and what if she has average looks? She isnt a depressing looking drug using person like Amy Winehouse...And I also dont think she does anything stupid or attention-seeking to come in news every now and then ... To me she looks just a next door woman who made good in the movie/tv industry.. The movie industry is not just for pretty faces and stunning looks. There should be value to the character played by a person in a movie. I prefer women like Sarah portray meaningful characters on movies rather than dumb pretty actresses run and dance in bikini.

Source(s): none

There are quite a few acresses who are what you would call 'normal' looking and aren't exactly typical beautiful people (although beauty is in the eye of the beholder). Look at Meryl Streep, Barbera Streisand to name two. I wouldn't call them ugly, by any manner, but they aren't in the Angelina Jolie looks department.

But, they can act (presuming Striesand can act, haven't really seen many of her movies, but she can sing!). I would rather see an actress who isn't highly beautiful that can act, rather than some airbrushed-to-perfection 'actress' that can't act! If you get an actress that is both beautiful and can act, all well and good.

Thing is as well, without all that make up and all that airbrushing in photos, then chances are that half those actresses who you would class as beautiful would be plain normal if seen without all that. Sometimes downright ugly. And it is also amazing what a cosmetic surgeon can do!

Who are you to say that the women you see everyday, walking down the street or serving food, etc aren't beautiful?

You saying that is as bad as people calling SJP ugly.

Talk about being a hypocrite.

No one has the right to call anyone ugly. Someone who you think is ugly will be seen as attractive by someone else.

It's shallow to put such an importance on appearance.

• eli

what gets me is the ads for extra women in movies that say must be a size 0-4

most women are not that small and the ones that are tend to be very malnurished but the film industry get away with it.

she isnt ugly, she is different and unpolished.

lots of people dont like different.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder... uglyness comes from within.

My main point when anyone points out how an actor looks is this: do you care if your dentist is ugly as long as he's a good dentist? Then why do you care if an actor is ugly if he/she is a good actor? Now, if they're ugly AND bad at acting, I say get out of hollywood! (Paris Hilton)

what is beauty and ugliness but a pre conditioning that society has ingrained on to us?

I find her unattractive. Ditto for Bette Davis. It seemed to work out for her anyway.

Frustration much? Bet your cooch smells like cheetohs.