Which adapter should I buy for connecting my ps3 to my monitor?

ok so I want to connect my ps3 to my monitor as stated above now im not sure on which adapter I should buy I see I have two options and they are Method 1 HDMI (male) to DVI-D (female) this would mean using the DVI-D cord for the connection Method 2 HDMI (female) to DVI-D (male) that would mean using the... show more ok so I want to connect my ps3 to my monitor as stated above now im not sure on which adapter I should buy I see I have two options and they are
Method 1
HDMI (male) to DVI-D (female) this would mean using the DVI-D cord for the connection

Method 2 HDMI (female) to DVI-D (male) that would mean using the HDMI cord for the connection

im not sure on which would give the better picture or if it would be the same thanks for the help
Update: well the cords are like 80$ the adapters I have seen are like 30 and yeah my monitor supports HDCP
Update 2: well shopping online is not an option for me I don't have or want a credit card and whats so bad about these adapters anyway?