Why do Republicans expect the Attorney General to read the Arizona immigrant law?

It is my belief that We can sue the state of Arizona for their heinous immigration law. We can do this because We are the change that We have been waiting for. I expect the Attorney General will do this with all due haste. We need not read it in full; as Attorney General Holder himself said, he "just expressed concerns on the basis of what I've heard about the law."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/13/ho...

Doesn't this make perfect sense? As Nancy Pelosi, our honorable Speaker said about the Health Care Bill, We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Youtube thumbnail

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As the Attorney General is the top prosecutor in the United States, one would think he would at least familiarize himself with current--and controversial--legislation. The fact that he hasn't read it and hasn't had anyone in his staff brief him on it is "dereliction of duty".

There is one other thing to consider, though: the AG cannot actually do anything about the law. Since he is not a Court, he can't strike it down or repeal it. Conclusion: AG Holder is irrelevant.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

To answer your main question: The Dems and people in Obama Administration didn't read the 2,000-plus page health reform law. Why would Arizona law - a mere 10 pages or about that -- be any different?

• Gaijin
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Figures,another knee jerk by a politician who doesn't know what he's talking about.And he's clueless if he thinks there is no racial profiling to begin with.We all are required by law to carry I.D. and that is the basic idea.Cops find fake I.D.'s all the time and not just from illegals.Arizona needed to put teeth into their regulating of criminals.Too bad there has to be a over reaction by politicians but no comments on addressing why law was passed in the first place.

• 10 years ago

It will be legal or not depending how many voters approve of what AZ is doing. This current Administration interpreters the law of the land according to what the polls say.

Few more months and it doesn't look like we will have as many Democrats in congress to deal with.

Source(s): FOX
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Ultimately, the AG (and the Solicitor General) must see if this law is constitutional.

If it is not deemed to be within the letter or spirit of the constitution, this must be addressed through the judicial system.

The Republicans are waiting to see what will happen with this law, so that they can replicate it in other states.

The AG can also file an injunction preventing the law from taking effect before this has been thoroughly reviewed.

• 10 years ago

He'd have to sue the federal government too, because the federal government has the exact same law on the books.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If he's making comments about it, he should read it to know what the eff he's talking about. But like many Obama people, he's full of hot air.

• 10 years ago

You should know by now that the first-moron appoints other morons so he doesn't look as bad.

• 10 years ago

I will never understand the liberal mind, that ignores the facts and simply makes stuff up.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Just incredible. What utter arrogance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.