Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Should I learn how to use Microsoft Access also?

I'm really good at using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. I don't know what Access is for. Should I learn how to use Microsoft Access also?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Access is a complex database application. It is useful for handling multiple tables of data. For instance in a business you have sellers, stock items, buyers, transactions. Or in a school you have teachers, pupils, courses, coursework, exams, grades, etc. all of which relate to each other in different ways.

Access can build multiple relations ("one-to-many" relations) between different tables. You can design sophisticated user entry forms, reports, update queries etc. I suggest you get hold of a book like "Access for dummies" which walks you through the basics.

• woolf
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I have by no means appreciated the Access support. If you have to begin on the very fundamentals, take a look at a "dummies" variety guide. When I first began doing severe growth I bought Access Developers Handbook by way of Paul Litwin, Ken Getz, and Mike Gilbert. The pages are good worn in that factor. Well valued at the money!

• Scott
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Access is a small datbase program. I would suggest knowing how to use it, as it is becoming more popualr and it is ismple to use for small scale projects that require data management.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.