why are American kids not made to learn how life is at a young age, but just play games and with dolls?

Why don't Americans treat their kids like other countries do? In the Mid East, we get the men ready for the work world, or preaching, and for the girls, they are to learn from their moms the ways of a mom, so that she to will be ready.

In doing these things, when kids are 18, they are much better prepared for the real world, than American kids who even at 18, still act all young.

Why does America not teach their kids as they are supposed to?

Update:

we have oil.

And anyway, I did not say anything about suicide bombs.

Update 2:

you think because you live longer you are better?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

To answer your question POLITELY (with no bombing accusations or racist finger pointing), There really is no "supposed to" since everyone has different views. Americans believe in letting children have fun before they have to grow up and take responsibility for themselves. However, most American children are not completely unprepared when it is time to grow up.

Most children learn about the work world when they are young. There are games for children that teach them about different jobs they can have when they grow up. Toy cars and trucks and the likes teach them about driving and about road safety.

Girls DO learn the ways of being a mother. It's called home economics. Boys learn it too, because there is a rise in nontraditional gender roles. More and more, women go to work while the men stay home.

Also, Americans aren't the only ones who do things differently from you. The Europeans, the Mexicans, the Chinese... All of these groups have different ways of raising children. It's not fair to say that Americans are doing things wrong because they do things differently from you.

• 10 years ago

Parenting advice from the Middle East. How funny is that?

Women in the Middle East are one step above a mule, and Mohammed was a pedophile.

Why should we listen to anyone from the Middle East on advice on how to raise children?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because America isn't some third world cesspool of ignorance and hate. Up until 0webammy and his regime, Americans have left America a better place for their children with opportunity and success.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

That's a good point. At 18, men and women are rarely ready to face the real world.

I plan on teaching my children in order to prepare them for their future.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I don't see the point. What's the point of having kids grow up faster? If it takes someone until they're 25 to graduate from college and get a "real" job what's so bad about that?

• Rob
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

i disagree somewhat but i do agree that most kids now days are not prepared to be out in the real world.

i have noticed that kids from other country's are far more balanced then the ones here..

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because at 18 life has just begun and people need to make mistakes to learn from them. Kids (and their childhood) are to be enjoyed by their parents, not just "trained".

• Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Absolutely, some parents do. Whenever a parent forces "adult" issues on a child, it forces that child to grow up in some way. Enough of that to a child will eventually "take away" their childhood.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

That would be because your average life span is 30

• 10 years ago

Seriously are you trying to tell me keeping a girl in the kitchen to learn from mom how to cook dinner and make babies and sending your boys out to be suicide bombers is a better way of life than giving a kid their childhood & an education?

GTFO!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.