What sort of things should I know about an IG?

We just got a new foster dog who was found along the highway and turned over to the vet clinic. They called me after keeping him for a week and asked if I would at least foster him as they have no room to keep him any longer. So like a sucker...dog #10 has been added to our family! He is assumed to be about... show more We just got a new foster dog who was found along the highway and turned over to the vet clinic. They called me after keeping him for a week and asked if I would at least foster him as they have no room to keep him any longer. So like a sucker...dog #10 has been added to our family!

He is assumed to be about 5yrs old or so. Nice dog, mellow, quiet, someone jumpy and timid. Gentle and sweet. I am totally unfamiar with this breed HAHA. Any relevant information I should be aware of with the breed? Through research I have found they tend to have an anesthetic sensitivity and bad mouths (he has lots of plaque buildup so I am working daily to do a standing dental on him)
I also read to not bath them? Why? He pees on his front legs (neutered young and squats haha) So yeah, I have bathed him. My daughter has named him Boyd and is working REALLY hard to get him to bond with her. He seems to have some separation anxiety issues. I nicknamed him velcro.

IDK, just any relevant information about the breed etc would be helpful so I better know what to expect. The vet was going to do a dental on him before she released him to me. Glad I researched a bit about the anes issue with the breed first! Just don't see a lot of IG's around here with our crazy cold winters! I did have blood pulled on him and sent in for a complete panel to see where he is at as we know nothing. Thanks in advance
Update: Thanks guys and esp thanks for the links to martigale type collars. He is housebroke and does great to let us know to go out. NOT accustomed to a leash but has adapted well. We live on a farm far off the highway with no traffic so he gets short burst of unleashed running in the yard. He doesn't seem to... show more Thanks guys and esp thanks for the links to martigale type collars.

He is housebroke and does great to let us know to go out. NOT accustomed to a leash but has adapted well. We live on a farm far off the highway with no traffic so he gets short burst of unleashed running in the yard. He doesn't seem to care for the other dogs but doesn't mind them either. Today he played with my AB pup...enticed her to a game of chase WOW poetry in motion to watch this guy run with ease!

As far as my daughter, she is AWESOME with dogs and keeps him leashed to her when she is home and takes him to bed with her at night. She is trying very hard to get him to like her. She has a pocket of treats and is trying to get him accustomed to his new name (Boyd) During the day I ignore him and just tend to his needs sort of thing. I have a feeling he was not raised with children. Probably dumped before entering Canada as that happens a lot around here with truck drivers etc.
Update 2: I'm guessing him to be an IG...but he seems big? I have never seen an adult tho. He is a about 2ft at the shoulders and weighs 18#. Wish I knew how to post pics on here I would!
Update 3: http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185...

If this works...this is a pic of him