Is it safe to meet men on craigslist?

Is it a good idea to meet someone on craigslist? Have any of you ever done it? I'm really lonely tonight and am already too buzzed and tired to drive to a bar. I'd really like some company tonight though but i also don't want to get hacked to bits. Like are they decent guys that go on that site or are they like low life slut types?

• Molly
    Favorite Answer

If you consider being raped and or murdered safe then it definitely is.

Sarcasm aside, no, it is not safe. Please don't go there to meet people. So many terrible incidents have happened dealing with craigslist. A man put an ad up to have someone watch his "kid" and when the girl got there to babysit the child the man shot and killed her. It's not safe whatsoever. Be safe and try a dating sit instead, but even those aren't 100% safe.

• shimek

Meeting Guys On Craigslist

• Janine

Nope! I use to use Craigslist months and months than I stopped because their was too many fake guys on their and they lie about their stats, age and sometimes post fake pictures or pictures that are probably 5 years old. Also some are Hiv + even though they say their clean so if you do mess around with any of them on Craigslist always use a condom! Soa's Fate~ was right! One guy stole my iPod and watch! I was so ******* pissed! There's alot of low lifes and losers on Craigslist even if they look hot or cute and some even ask for money to have sex! Most are just bums who don't work, don't have a car, don't go to school and live off mommy and daddy's money!

I know someone that did and he had a ok time but never did it again so it couldn't of been that good. One thing I can't stress enough is meet them in a public place first, and trust your instincts, i wouldn't just go to someones house or invite people over, id get a hotel room.

Id say craigslist is more just a place to find sex, i doubt anyone has really found many meaningful relationships through craigslist.

EDIT: Fix typos and LOL knife in the pocket is right!

bit sure about craigslist, i went on plentyoffish.com and i met my bf there, but is like anything if you are going to meet someone make sure you are in a safe comfortable place. and it is not just for a random hook up or you are playing roulette, some may be good and the others may not be.

So, in closing, date them for a while, see how there personality comes and then, chat with them and then see them in the public, i am not recommending at their pad. Especially if you have questions about the whole internet dating.

Plenty of fish you can make your own profile and you can read how they truly are and what they are looking for. Some one who say, i am a top, looking for a bottom for random fun beware unless your a horny. And best wishes to you.

NONONONONO! So I'm guessing that you haven't heard of the murders that went down due to craigslist hookups? The website was even going to be shut down. You should search in google: Craigslist Murder and see how many results you get. Don't do it. Practice some self love for tonight.

• Kman

there are decent guys on CL but you have to be careful about who you talk to...like i have met some really bad guys on there that i could have done without but i also met a few really good guys...some of the best guys i've met were on CL

just be careful about who you talk to and what you do, and if its your first time meeting keep a knife handy, even if it is in a public place....i always keep a knife in my pocket in case they get looney on me lol

Not in person - NO - that area is so full of crazies, degenerates, and predators, so don't be so desperate...People can do better than that source of "friendships" and contacts..

Rachelle In High Heels

Two words. Craiglist Killer. Yes, he's real. Yes, there are others out there like him.

Maybe sometimes you could get lucky, but i really wouldn't recommend it!!