? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

im 17, in high school, am i pregnant? please help!?

hi, im 17 and a junior in high school.

i've been dating this boy for a long time and we've been sexually active since april 22, 2010.

we use condoms about half the time and the other times he pulls out. after he cums in the condon, we'll throw it away and continue on having sex. about 5 days after that day i got a little bit of blood that lasted for 4 days and i thought it was my period but it wasnt very heavy flow like it normally is. i've read and found out that could possibly be from the sperm entering the embryo.. but how do i know if thats what it is or if it was my period??

now the weeks that have followed...

my boobs look bigger, a little sore but not very much

my moods change back and forth really easily.

my back hurts really bad

my stomach looks a little bigger (but i havent gained any weight)

i have to go pee a lotttt more

i feel nauseous sometimes, but im not throwing up

im tired all the time.

please help me. im only in high school. im scared and would just like to hear anyones opinion.

its greatly needed.

Favorite Answer

If you need free counseling while you are making your decision (they respect your decision whatever it is): http://www.yourbackline.org

Info if you need it . . . .

If you go to a Planned Parenthood clinic that has a low-income program it can be as cheap as 100$. If you tells them you have no job, no money and no support (ie no boyfriend or husband) they will likely have you pay the minimum for the procedure and get donations to cover the rest. 1-800-230-PLAN (1-800-230-7526) to find the Planned Parenthood clinic nearest you. If you are underage it will mostly likely be free and it's always confidential.

You have the choice between the pill (which can be taken up to 9 - 11weeks, at home or at a friends house) or the vacuum method (in clinic procedure). Personally I used the pill method so I could be at home with my husband but some women want to have the surgical, so it's done and over with when they leave the clinic.

You will be financially screened - usually this goes on the honor system, weight/height taken, blood pressure checked, pricked -fingertip- to check for rH factor and anemia, you will receive an ultrasound or sonogram to determine gestational age. You may be asked if you want to view the image, this is up to you. You will receive antibiotics, anti-nausea tabs and pain meds. Take them ALL. You must finish at the very least your course of antibiotics. Follow all aftercare instructions and go back to your after care appt. This last step is vital, you must go back for your aftercare appt! Abortion begins a new menstrual cycle. You should have a regular period in 4 to 8 weeks.you should have the option of receiving birth control - again this will most likely be free, take it and use it correctly.

If you are underage you may want to check this site out to see about parental consent laws and whatnot. http://www.sexetc.org/state *Even if it says you need parental consent, you don't. Call PP and tell them you cannot tell your parents; by law, a judicial bypass must be available to those minors who just cannot get their parents/guardians permission. A judge signs the parental consent acting as a de facto guardian. Abortion funding http://www.nnaf.org/help.html

Some state medicaid program do pay for it, use this link and figure out if your state covers it. If they do, you can go to "welfare" office and get emergency coverage and the state and taxes will help pay for it. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/companion.a...

It is entirely possible to have an abortion and not feel guilt because you knew it was the right thing to do. ImNotSorry.net

If you have any more questions or want/need to talk about it drop me an email.

~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 17 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.

Abortion: There is a Consensus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUvgo

Youtube thumbnail

Ps - Not in the US?

Sexual Health Services and Abortion Clinics Worldwide

http://www.womenonwaves.org/article-456-en.html

All your symptoms could be symptoms of pregnancy.

I don't get it. Why bother with a condom at all, if you are going to throw it away and continue to have sex? There are still sperm in the guy. Not as many, but it only takes 1. AS you say, you're 17 and in high school. You have been gambling with your entire future. Sex is an ADULT activity. You can't play around with sex and then cry about being a kid when it's time to pay the piper. If you are pregnant you have no one to blame but yourself.

Get a pregnancy test if it's been 2 or more weeks since the time you think you could have gotten pregnant. Or you can wait to see if you get your period. If you are pregnant, call planned parenthood and ask for advice. They know all the options and how to access them.

sounds like you may be pregnant but then again, there is such a thing as a "hysterical pregnancy" which means your mind is so overwhelmed with worry about the possiblity of being pregnant that your body actually acts pregnant, I know it sounds crazy but I am serious, this really happens! So you have a few options, go buy a test, go to a free clinic and have them test you..or if you can stand the wait, wait until your next cycle is due and if you are 2 weeks late for your next cycle then definately get a home test immediately and have your OB/GYN's number handy cause your gonna be using it a lot! Well I hope this helps, at least a little! Best wishes...an BE CAREFUL!! Even pulling out does NOT work, a good friend of mine has 3 kids now and had each b/c of using the pull out method!

Source(s): personal experience

I Am 17 And Pregnant

my dear, you very well are pregnant. Sperm can live up to three days in the vagina in little pockers made just for that purpose. When you take off the condom or rather you boyfriend does there are still sperm on the end of his penis, unless, he gets up and takes a bath. That does not happen often, the bathing part,. There are many crisis pregnancy centers who will do a free pregnancy test for you. Save the first urine of the day in a glass container and bring that in for testing. I wish you luck. It is not the end of the world I assure you, even though right now it may feel that way.

Source(s): I am a crisis pregnancy counselor.

Get a pregnancy test! That's the only way to know for sure. If it turns out that you are pregnant, you can always consider an abortion, or giving the baby away for adoption. Your life won't be over. If you NOT prego, then I'd lay off sex for awhile if I were you.

However, if pregnancy is the case, tell a close friend so they can be there for support when you need to tell your parents. It sounds scary, but believe me, it's a lot better than trying to handle all of this by yourself. Also a school counselor could be a good idea too.

If you are dead sure that you want an abortion, you can contact a Plan Parent Hood, and just go in to talk about it first.

If you are pregnant, then you screwed up, but your life isn't over. You still have a future.

EDIT: Why did I get two thumbs down for...?

Source(s): good luck

You show a lot of the symptoms of being pregnant and I would think that you are.

But your back shouldn't hurt at an early stage. Your back hurts in pregnancy because your stomach is so big, Save money for a test. Go get a test and take both tests in the pack(get a two pack)

You may just be stressed causing a period abnormality

Source(s): Been there done that

I'm about to be 17 and have had my scares too with my boyfriend!!! But yeah it might just be stress. So I would get a couple test and take them in the morning. That's the best time to take it. After the first time in the morning there is a good chance that you will get a wrong reading. If you want or need to talk to someone I'm here and I'll help anyway I can.

The only way you are going to know for sure is if you take a test, so GO TAKE A TEST! Preferably a 'First Response' test as it can detect a pregnancy really early on.

Depends on the school... Do a lot of research on the schools you fined make sure their accredited if they are not accredited they are a waste of time.. Also when considering online school think about what kind of student are you. Can you handle learning and teaching yourself with minimal help.. Good Luck