Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Would you vote for a Ron Paul/Rand Paul ticket in 2012?

Favorite Answer

Yes. But I don't think Ron is running. People keep asking but he has made no indication that he intends to run.

I basically support Rand, but I agree with another answerer: if Sarah Palin or any other establishment shill tried to endorse me, I would publicly renounce them and spit on the ground in disgust. People like her are part of the problem. We don't need their "help."

Another point I disagree with Rand on: he supports the Afghan War. I don't know if he just says that to appeal to a broader "conservative" audience. (By which I mean not really "conservative," but rather, Fox news watching neocon moron, audience).

Either way I can't approve. A man needs to stick to his principles and not compromise them for popularity.

But you know what? It's kind of pointless to focus so much on the presidency. For one thing, it is a lot harder to get someone into the WH who hasn't been compromised. The presidential elections are tightly controlled.

For another thing, Presidents don't really run anything. Constitutionally, the executive is NOT supposed to have much power. Of course, Bush and Obama have seized a lot of new ones, but technically, it's the Congress that is supposed to hold the real power.

We could make a lot more of a difference if we focused on state and local elections.

It's 2010. Let's see what we can do in November before we worry about the next controlled presidential election.

I'd much rather have a Ron Paul/Andrew Napolitano ticket....not sure why but I wouldn't want Ron and Rand on the same ticket.....Ron can be president in 2012 and Rand can run for President in 2020.

Source(s): Ron Paul 2012
  • Erika

i think of Rand Paul would not decide to be that heavily linked along with his lunatic dad. Ron Paul is an entire racist and is almost the nuttiest candidate accessible in any party. i could vote for Obama in the previous Dr. Demento - Ron Paul. Paul thinks maximum persons of blacks are criminals - stated it in his very own newsletters many times returned. Paul thinks Bush did 9/11 as an interior job. Waaaaaayyyy nutty. Paul thinks united statesa. deserved to be attacked on 9/11. stated it himself many, many circumstances. Paul claims to be a strict constitutionalist, yet would not understand the basics of ways it works. Paul could generate conflict everywhere in the globe with the aid of bringing back US troops from each and every distant places base. we supply a lot of protection and stability interior the international. Paul thinks united statesa. could desire to have in no way fought the Germans in WWII. Paul thinks Iran could desire to be allowed to construct nukes and that they do no longer threaten absolutely everyone. Paul is almost as insane as they arrive. he's racist and frightening in a lot of alternative techniques too.

Would that be confusing?

So far I like both but don't think Ron Paul should be president. I appreciate his principled ideals, but he lacks pragmatism.

Rand Paul is not yet well enough known. I will be watching him. I like what I see so far.

no, but id vote for a ron paul and RU paul ticket. the outcome would surely be better and funnier than we have now.

I would vote for him, but he wouldn't win. There's no chance of a libertarian winning in a corporatist country. The media would just spew lies and the ignorant masses would chug it down, asking for more. They will elect a republican to replace the democrat; then, in the next presidential election, they will elect another democrat to replace the republican. The bad politicians will continue to be our leaders.

Yes.

I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, but he is one of the few people who were warning us about this economic crisis well before it was evident to most of the pundits, even the so-called "financial experts."

I don't know. Paul/Paul just looks weird on a bumper sticker.

Absolutely! However, the IMF (whatever the hell that is...my guess is that it is no different than the federal reserve on a global scale) will have none of that.

• DAR

Absolutely. I don't think they'd both run on the same ticket, though.