Can this be saved? - corningware?

My bf accidently left the lid on his grandma's coringware dish, and it now has mold on it - he ran i through the dishwasher and most of the mold is gone (at least not visible), but there is still some there. He feels really bad and doesn't want to get rid of the dish as it was his grandma's. What is the best way to get rid of the mold - and then is it safe to use again?

thanks :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I agree with Cat. Always read the label on your soap bottle. Some CAN NOT be mixed with bleach.

  • Anna E
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    OMG just use a little bit of soap, bleach and elbow grease, forget the dishwasher. First, soak the dish and lid in a sink full of hot, soapy water with bleach added for about 20 minutes. Then use a plastic scrubber and scrub until the mold is gone.

  • 1 decade ago

    Your bf can use a Mr Clean Eraser or soak the corningware in a little chlorine bleach and dish detergent like Dawn and rewash in hot soapy water. He wouldn't need to worry about replacing this item unless it has a chip missing in it or if he broke it.

  • Cat
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Let the corning ware sit submerged in bleach water overnight. It should be easy to scrub and will be perfectly safe to use.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    put it in the oven on 350 for an hour

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.