AK, SKS, Or Ruger Mini-30?

Okay, the AK I want is an Arsenal SLR-107F http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=169149613 This is exactly what I want. I like the muzzle break, and the stock, and I like that is is all black. But, I'm finding it hard to justify spending $850 on an AK. Other options: A Ruger Mini-30. I... show more Okay, the AK I want is an Arsenal SLR-107F http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=169149613 This is exactly what I want. I like the muzzle break, and the stock, and I like that is is all black.

But, I'm finding it hard to justify spending $850 on an AK.

Other options: A Ruger Mini-30. I want a pistol gripped rifle, so: Rifle, $700, Tapco stock, $120, two 30rd mags, $50 Oh hey look! I'm at $870 again!

SKS: Rifle $300, Tapco stock, $70, 30rd mag, $20.

I have heard that the 30rd SKS mags never feed reliably. So, SKS at $370-$400, Ruger Mini-30 at over $870 (probably even closer to $900) finished product, or what I WANT an SLR-107F at about $900 including shipping, FFL transfer etc, . . ?
Update: I LOVE wood stocks and usually WANT wood stocks on EVERYTHING. But this rifle will serve a purpose where a plastic stock will pay off. I need it so be able to be dropped into water and not necessarily need to be completely field stripped and cleaned. (BTW, IF I accidentally drop it in water I will clean it ASAP if... show more I LOVE wood stocks and usually WANT wood stocks on EVERYTHING. But this rifle will serve a purpose where a plastic stock will pay off. I need it so be able to be dropped into water and not necessarily need to be completely field stripped and cleaned. (BTW, IF I accidentally drop it in water I will clean it ASAP if not sooner, but you never know what is going to happen. I live in Washington, and it rains ALL the time.)

And I WANT it to look "evil". It needs to be intimidating. I'm not looking for "tacti-cool" either, I am looking for "tacti-workhorse."

The SKS was a sideline, probably won't go that route.