How big is the fine for a company who employs illegal immigrants?

And where do I call it in if I know a company who does that instead of hiring legal citizen/immigrants?

Update:

couple hundret $$??? Well, maybe we should get started there. If the fine is high enough, companies will hopefully hesitate to hire an illegal immigrant.

Update 2:

@bobby>that is the idea - to get the jobs back w/o building an expensive fence from tax money which is needed in schools and health care and and and...

Update 3:

@carnage>I could laugh my a** of about this articel "We are tough, and we are going to be even tougher," Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said. " WHAT TOUGH ACTION DID THEY DO ALL OVER THE YEARS???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1 866-DHS-2-ICE

also the Better Business Bureau

Internal Revenue Service.

The fine paid won't be as bad as the trouble that follows.I think it will be a very big hassle to hire illegals . A San Diego bakery owner was charged with 14 counts of felonies each count $250.000 + 5 years in prison.

• 10 years ago

One thing they should not get the SOCIAL security money and Federal Tax's back after finding they some how had Illegals working for them. They Should get a 1 % Tax hike for each illegal they knowing hired paid to the Federal and State Governments 1 to 7 years based on the Level of the CRIME.

• 10 years ago

Between $250 and $10,000 per employee, depending on the circumstances (more money if there are prior offenses and some latitude for judges to make a determination based on factors such as whether or not they were trying to comply with the regulations).

There can also be a probationary period of up to 3 years.

Call the US Attorney's Office in the appropriate district to file such a report.

There are also different requirements in terms of verification for individuals as opposed to large employers and the use of false identification is a separate crime. Working without permission is not it's own federal crime as long as you don't lie to your employer.

• 10 years ago

250 to 2000 for each unauthorized individual,1,000 for paperwork violations,criminal fines 3000 per illegal,up to 6 mos in jail.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Arizona, 10,000 per head i suggest you call that company and tell them they are going to be exposed. i guarantee you within 2 days the classified section (help wanted) of your news paper will have this business recruiting for new employees. good luck

• 10 years ago

State laws vary, but it is ridiculously small, like a few hundred dollars.

• 10 years ago

federal fines up to $10,000 per infraction.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2007/aug/09/em...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.