If you believe in Hell, what percentage of people are in there, versus Heaven?

What percentage of people who pass away are in Hell right now?

And does your answer reflect what denomination or religion you follow, or just your own beliefs?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably about the same mix as we see here on earth. Many live in pure misery and a few live in sheer delight. And all regardless of circumstances.

As Yogananda once said, "I would rather live in hell with a wise person than in Heaven with a fool, because a wise person will make a heaven of hell and a fool will make a hell of Heaven."

• rory
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

According to most Christians almost anyone who has ever lived or is living today will end up in hell, About 2/3 of the world's population has never heard of Jesus so they can't be saved and as a result will burn in hell for all eternity. It doesn't matter if they've led good virtuous lives. It is unfortunate, and also makes one wonder why god creates people that will end up in hell through no fault of there own. It is especially bizarre since god is supposed to love us all infinitely. I'd think a god like that wouldn't even have a hell, I mean why punish someone infinitely for a finite amount of sin? It almost doesn't make sense, like maybe god is just made up.

• C J
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I honestly can not give you an answer. Both my conscience and my religion tell me that while some people are certain to be in heaven, those who's fate in unknown are thrust into the hands of God, and he could forgive anyone.

I suspect that God forgives most people. So long as one does not understand an existance of God but purposely worship Satan, I think there is a chance. I also think Atheists have a shot... but thats up to God, not me.

Source(s): Catholic
  • 3 years ago

i do no longer have confidence in heaven or hell because of the fact i've got no longer chanced on those ideals to be unjustifiable. Heaven and hell are mere innovations created as kinds of social manipulation and oppression; whether a lot of human beings pick to construct a actuality for themselves out of those innovations. Their shape of this actuality containing a heaven or hell, besides the undeniable fact that would not inevitably propose that they are going to certainly pass to a heaven or hell while they die. dying is something all of us face and there are a number of tactics of dealing with it. If human beings pick to create narratives or memories pertaining to to the after-existence as a private actuality then it particularly is thoroughly their determination. Does this point out something approximately purpose actuality, if the kind of actuality exists, in all probability no longer. As to what occurs while we die? no one knows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It could be much less than 1%. It's quite possible that many who appear headed for hell will be saved at the moment of death, as many people do take the time to pray for the salvation of others. These prayers will help many to open their hearts to God, but often a person is preoccupied with the things of this world, and will not give herself or himself to God until right before death.

• 10 years ago

Heaven and Hell exist, also the Lake of Fire, which is different (and worst) than Hell.

Only God knows the %s that you are asking. Any numbers that we could post are just our opinions.

• 10 years ago

I would say not nearly as many people will be in Hell as compared to Heaven and yes I base it on my own beliefs.

I believe that Hell is or should be reserved for murders, rapists, child/animal abusers.

Have a good one!

Cinn =)

Source(s): Spiritual/Liberal Christian
  • 10 years ago

Hell is the changing room at the mall. I beg my girlfriend not to make me go with her clothes shopping, but I get dragged kicking and screaming every time. You may think it's cool seeing my girlfriend try on different swimsuits, but it's not. Four hours of "Does this make me look fat?" and "Oh, you're just saying that" is enough to drive a man to suicide.

Shoot, I think she's on R&S right now. I'm so screwed.

• 10 years ago

It's way more than 2 to 1 that's for sure. Just look how evil the world is in general.

Fireball is way off track.

• 10 years ago

I heard that only when Jesus come people will go to Heaven or Hell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.