Is he psychotic or just OCD and fear or normal ???? ?

Ok I have a boyfriend he is like 30 yrs old, he said he had ocd and phobias, lately after some stress he came to me crying and told me " what if noone else but me exists ? i feel so lonely that i am alone in the universe and that everything else is like fake" then i told him " what r u talking about?" and he replied " i walked out of my office on the street and i thought " if i see someone i know this thing i am thinking its true" and he saw one of his colleauges and now he thinks that this thought of his its true and he is so anxious and crying. Do you find this normal for a 30 year old ? thanks ? Or then he was like " i thought what if i am a cat" and he listened to some cats meowing and he started crying and said "what if i am a cat " ? ?? is this normal ? he had lots of stress before he starting saying all these things, he was afraid that he had some serious illness but in the end he didnt, and after that he started this paranoia d'oh

Favorite Answer

He sounds like he has a lot of anxiety. He need therapy.

Sounds like an identity crisis, but I ain't an expert by many means. Psychosis is a split from reality and can be brought on by mental ill health or psychotropic drugs. Some sort of talking therapy may be, its interesting though that the statements are all questions really. He thought what if I`m....

or what if this happens... I`d be more concerned if he claimed to actually believe he was a cat.

• Angel

From a previous relationship with a man with OCD I can tell you that this is not OCD behavior at all.

He sounds as if there are much deeper mental issues than you could ever solve.

I don't know how long you've been together but I suspect not very long.

If so, I would recommend to him that he seek help. If he does, be supportive but if he refuses, please realize that there is nothing you could ever do to change or fix him.

You may need to realize that self preservation by leaving this relationship is the best for you if he is not willing to get help.

You must recognize your own problems/issues and admit them before you can ever get the help needed. He does sound paranoid and no, this is not normal for an average man/woman of any age.

Best wishes to you and save yourself if you have to.

Source(s): 42yrs Life/Been there; done that

yeaaa take him to a therapist. He will def feel better after he get a professionals side of his wild ideas. I'm actually a little paranoid, for example aliens, zombies, 2012 are topics that make me think crazy and then I start beliving aliens control us( thanks to the history channel) and think government scientist are gunna spead this zombie virus. Yeaaaa i know Im a bit crazy too therapist just said I am overly paranoid and gulible. Now thinking hes a cat and all this he just needs a breath ogf fresh air and a slap into reality. He'll be ok

Do you think it's normal? He is in need of therapy ASAP. He could be having some type of psychotic break or there could be an organic reason for his bizarre thoughts. He needs to be evaluated by a doctor to rule out a tumor or some kind of brain damage. If that is negative then he needs to see a psychiatrist to find out what is happening. He may need medication so get him some help. Best wishes.

He needs some serious therapy. He's not crazy, but no, this is not normal for a person to think this way. Get him the help he needs.

im sorry but he sounds like he is having some sort of mental break down

you need to take him to his Doctors where he might be sectioned

Source(s): my head

I honestly think he needs to see a psychiatrist urgently.