How many times will I have to fill my gas tank from Bastrop, Texas to South Carolina?

I'll be in a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac.

• Jack
    Favorite Answer

Not enough information. Plan on leaving full and requiring two more tank-fulls to reach Columbia, SC. The important thing is NOT to let your tank get much more than half empty before filling up. You never know when you're going to hit a real traffic problem. You're looking at about 1100 miles mostly on the I-20. The Explorer has a V-8 and a 6. Each engine gets a different mpg. You have to know about how many miles per gallon your engine gets. Divide your mpg into the distance to find out how many gallons you will use. Then your gas tank holds 21 gallons if it's a 4 dr or 17.5 if it's a 2 dr. But you're looking at about 50 to 55 gallons. Just remember not to let your tank get too low. Have a good trip.

It depends on your driving habits, weather and traffic. Here's a link from Bastrop to Charleston with time and average fuel consumption for a vehicle that gets 19 mpg.http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Bastrop&1s=TX&1y=U...

Figure $40 per fill up that's about 5 stops for fuel alone. Take your time and enjoy your trip.

Source(s): Traveler lived in SC since 1988