mary asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

My daughter is getting married soon -how do I get to know the groom?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

go 2 dinner at a classy place

• 1 decade ago

In our family, Sunday dinner was when friends and future son in laws were invited. I met my cousin's fiancee at Xmas dinner at Grandma's house.

The groom's family is supposed to do something to meet/welcome your daughter to their family, sometimes the rest of the family is invited along.

And you can always give an engagement party to honor the bride and groom, and invite the whole family.

• 1 decade ago

if your talking normally, then just go out for meals and drinks and invite him round, the reason i say normally is because i has seen films where the mother in law and the son in law....well you know....it was whilst the daughter went to the shop lol, ill never watch anything like that again

• Blunt
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Invite him to lunch, just the 2 of you at a neutral place (a.k.a not your house or his) and tell him that you would like to bond together and to know each other better.

Good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You could ask them over for dinner and ask him questions about his personal life like about his family and siblings. Ask him what you would like to know as long as it's not too personal.

• 1 decade ago

Pick up the phone, invite them to dinner...etc...

• Tanaia
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

take him out to a bar or something try to spend time with him and daddy try to be nice lol

• 1 decade ago

go to a water park with him alone get his endorphins running and ask him questions every 30 minuets or so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.