how do census agents look like?

how do census agents look like? like do they wear suits or they dress in casual clothes. Some one just came by saying their from the Census thing and my mom thinks hes a sex offender thinking there gonna kidnap us.

He came with casual clothes like everyday people wear: shirt,shorts, and nikes

Best Answer

They more than likely wear casual clothes, but be sure to ask for identification first.

I usually wear jeans and a black t-shirt with flip flops. I have a nose piercings and artificial red highlights, so I imagine a few people are probabling wondering how I could possibly be a Census worker, but I am.

If he had a black/navy blue Census bag and a badge around his neck, he's legit. He should also have a clipboard with green or blue forms, should have handed your mom a blue or green "confidentiality" notice (although sometimes we forget).

Also, if this person does legitimately work for the Census he is NOT a sex offender. We undergo full fingerprinting and an extensive background check.

Also, we don't all have little "computers". I've never seen anyone with one, actually. So don't use that as an indicator.

Also, it is actually illegal for police to impersonate US Census takers, just as it is illegal for anyone working in law enforcement to hold Census positions. It's illegal for Census workers to report households for crimes we witness as well. So if I go to your house and see a meth lab cooking in the background..I'm not going to run out and tell anyone. Now, if I come to your house and see a family of 4 locked up in the basement starving to death...that's another story.

But immigration status, drug crimes, etc is irrelevant. As long as I'm not threatened, I'll just get the info and leave.

• Lili

All the Census workers I've seen lately have been casually dressed, but they've all carried official navy blue and white Census bags. I believe they have "U.S. Census" or "United States Census" on a white panel, with the rest of the bag being navy blue.

If your family didn't send in its Census form, then it makes sense that a worker would be coming to your house. They do that in an effort to get the information that people didn't bother to send in on the form.

But do ask for ID.

They wear regular cloths, they should have some paperwork and a little computer indicating there from the census, dont let them in the house or passed the door, and dont answer anything more than how many people live there, they want you to answer ages and ethnicity but you dont have to.

• seavey

i hit upon it annoying to have confidence that ninety% of those answerers are particularly American, you appear to be actors being paid to place in penning this drivel. maximum of those everybody is gruesome caricatures of human beings. the shortcoming of objectivity on my own is magnificent - the point of obtuse good judgment sickening and the familiar tone of lack of understanding is depressing. how lots of the human beings who in simple terms responded your question could be able to wonderful a human from a tree and carving letters into his chest? fairly some it may seem. everybody who states something like "civil warfare" is a nut job working on constrained techniques cells. My basically convenience is that for this reason of your constrained psychological colleges - your impression interior the international is going to additionally be constrained. i think you would be able to correctly be a cult chief or a preacher or something coaching your message of lack of understanding and violence. yet extra probable you have some inane repetetive job that calls for no serious questioning and fosters no appreciate taking on all it sluggish. in accordance with the certainly question. Whoever the accountable social gathering is - is a homicidal sociopath and has in all probability killed in the previous. could kill whether television and or Glenn Beck did no longer exist. to point Beck is an confederate is paramount to blaming video games for college shootings. completely fake. it fairly is the killer's subculture, upbringing and in all probability chemical stability that are faulted right here. To be actual - the some distance left additionally despises the Fed. Ever pay attention to Alex Jones or Noam Chomsky? the glaring distinction between those 2 and Glenn Beck being - in addition they do no longer have confidence the Republican social gathering, in assessment to the Beckster.

You can't tell just from the way they look. Could be a census agent, could be an undercover po po!

You ask for ID, they don't have to come to you wearing suits, some one came to my door with casual clothes, she presented her ID, and that's that.

Government officers do not come to your house for the census. Call the police.

they can come casual a lot of young people do it to get money you just have to be 18