Do you get mad when folk generalise ex .. all pit bulls are dangerous and rottweilers..?

What a liberty! or do you think they are right

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes, and it doesn't just stop with those breeds. As well as having two border collies, I also have a boxer and the very second people set sight on him they get their mardy arsed knickers in a twist, simply because of his appearance and large size.

People are so unbelievably clueless sometimes, they just read an ill-informed, flame-fanning article in a tabloid newspaper and jump to completely the wrong conclusions.

• 10 years ago

No, they are wrong. Although any breed can be very strong willed, some more than others, if treated properly and trained properly with boundaries and limits, then any dog can be a joy to it's owner and will not be vicious. A certain type of owner only has a potential dangerous dog as a status symbol and use it to terrorise people and other dogs. These are the owners that get certain breeds a bad name, and with their tiny undeveloped brains, these people are proud of the fact, and shouldn't be allowed to have a dog or breed them, and they should suffer the consequences when things get nasty and people get hurt, and not the poor animal who, after all, is only doing what it has been taught to do.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes, it's not the pit bulls and rottweilers, it's the people who don't know how to treat their dogs that are dangerous.

• 10 years ago

I have to agree with Delilah, my horrible rude neighbours have a pit bull & they only got it for one reason, I am ok with the dog as not afraid of it but am afraid for the children here as those dogs can turn ... & where there are children about they should be kept on a lead or muzzled...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

o i don't agree bad dogs come basically from bad owners and unfortunately most powerful dogs like bull terriers etc are popular with the Ned's and so called tough men in our society. How many old ladies do you see with a pit bull,? .

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

All animals can revert to instinct so I don't trust any of them no matter what their owners say. A lot of these dogs are owned by total tw@ts and drug dealers and that makes them dangerous as they don't get trained properly.

• 10 years ago

That particular fact is great to know, and has played important roles in court cases;

Owners of those breeds should have proper insurance to cover potential lawsuits.....!!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes, its not the dog its the people who look after them the way they are handled.

• they are!!!!!!!! every dog even jack rustles has a predatory instinct that when triggered will cause it to attack. the problem with the breeds you mentioned is that if said Instinct is triggered it'll take a lot more to stop them than smaller dogs.

• 10 years ago

Yes that annoys me. No they aren't right unless they have met and know every single pitbull on earth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.