My boyfriend is looking for ideas for a civil service job?

He wants out of his job, and was thinking about taking a civil service test. The only problem is, he doesn't really know what his options are. He graduated high school, but never went to college. Right now he works at a body shop, and the only civil service job he knows of is a postal service worker. Help us out?? We live in PA

• FaithE
    Favorite Answer

Go to www.usajobs.gov and do a search for any jobs open to the public in Pittsburgh or Phiadelphia Pennsylvania. On the right hand side of the screen, refine your search to a salary between 15k and 29k, and then just look at what's available and check out some of the required qualifications. A GS-5, for example, requires either one year of specialized experience or 2 full years of college, so more than likely, depending on what else he's done in life, he will be limited to GS-4 and below positions. It doesn't require a "civil service test." I think it's still required for state jobs, but I can't swear to that.