Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

Anyone giving away Free yorkies or any small dog in houston texas?

Is there anyone located in houston texas who is giving away free yorkie puppies or any small dog puppies? I have been looking for the past three mo. for a teacup yorkie or any toy dog with no luck. I'm always too late and the ads on the website are all scams. I am so about to cry from fustration! Is there any houstonian who can help?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

that is because REPUTABLE breeders do not give away FREE puppies, nor do they subsriibe to the "teacup" scam.

#

Free = high vet bills.

The cost of caring for a dog for 10-15 years PROPERLY is exepensive, more than the purchase.

However, if you still want a real, cute teacup, try the link below, there you will find the only real ones at under $15 ! I got my friend one for her birthday.

• Login to reply the answers
  • angele
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Yorkie Puppies Houston

• eike
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Yorkie Rescue Houston

• 10 years ago

And I would like a free Mercedes Benz!

Seriously, if you want one, save your money and get one, just like everyone else has to do. Yorkies are not free or cheap for a REASON. Breeders have expenses to cover--registration fees, whelping and grooming supplies, vet bills, medical testing, vaccinations, food, etc. No breeder is going to cut corner just so you can have a free dog, no matter how badly you want one.

If your funds are limited, check with rescues or shelters instead of looking for a hand out.

Furthermore, if you have been looking for months, then surely by now you would have discovered that there is no such thing as a "teacup." It's a marketing ploy used by unethical breeders. I would suggest that before you actively try to acquire a dog of any type, you at least take the time to research and educate yourself on the breed first. It will only benefit you in the long run and will give you something to do while you are saving your money.

Source(s): Yorkie breeder 10+ years
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Free puppies are generally mixed breed and/or "oops" litters. Sometimes they're intentional, but the majority of them won't be something in high demand like a yorkie. Also note that yorkies do not actually come in "teacup" variety. No breed does. "Teacup" is a pretty, cutesy term slapped onto runty pups to make them seem sellable. Teacups often come with health problems--such is the life of a runt.

Please know that our problem isn't with the dog you want, it's with the people who will try to sell one to you. Very few people who breed runty purebreds give them away, they breed them small so they can in fact get more money out of them. I don't care how much they think they love their dog, it all boils down to exploiting their dogs and propensity to produce runts for money, or breeding runts that may or may not even be healthy, again for money.

Get a regular yorkie. They're really small, I promise. 7 lbs really is a tiny dog. Intentionally breeding them smaller without proper health testing prior to breeding not only increases the risk of passing on bad genes and diseases that occur in the yorkie breed, but you run the risk of inadvertently creating other new developmental or temperamental problems. Please don't encourage careless breeding for money. Buy from a reputable breeder in good standing with the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America or start looking at petfinder.com to rescue one.

• 10 years ago

Why does this dog need to be free? If you can't buy or adopt from a shelter the type of dog you want then you can't afford the potential vet care associated with the smaller breeds. What if cute little Fefe jumps off the back of the couch and breaks her leg....?! I know what will happen! You will be logging onto yahoo asking how to set a broken leg on a free yorkie or other small dog because you can't afford to take this suffering creature to the vet. So unless you plan on shelling out some cash then you probably aren't going to find what you want, and if you are too broke to afford it then it's time to let the dream go since it would be super irresponsible of you. Cry if ya want but unless some amount of cash pops out it isn't going to help you too much.

• 10 years ago

Look in shelters, there are all sizes of dogs available. Every dog my family has ever had came from a shelter. My mom got a 7 month old Maltese mix from a shelter a few months ago. We've also had a cockapoo, a Terrier/Poodle mix, and a border collie so there are all types of dogs there. You just have to visit frequently to find the dog that's right for you as new animals arrive daily.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

there is no such thing as a ''teacup'' anything. What your looking for doesn't exist. Yorkshire terriers come in one size, and one size only. As 'miss'' already stated, If you can't buy or adopt from a shelter the type of dog you want then you can't afford the potential vet care associated with the smaller breeds..

REPUTABLE breeders will not ''give'' puppies away. Try petfinder.com, and please do some research before ever getting an animal.

• 5 years ago

I have a 5 month old couquer Spaniard I got for my kids but she is a hands full if you want it is yours let me know

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I'm looking for a FREE open USBCHA trained Border Collie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.