Knife Crime, Whats Your Opinion on Carrying a Knife?

I need some help on knife crimes, the pros and cons, just your general opinion?

• tex k
    Favorite Answer

There are no pros as regards carrying a knife with the intent to cause injury ,and that includes carrying one for ''protection''.If you use knives in your occupation say a chef or a builder or woodcarver then your tools of the trade can be carried in a secure holder like a knife roll or toolbox preferably a lockable carrier.

Carrying a knife gives a false sense of superiority and 99 times out of a hundred it will be the carrier of the blades who are injured.

The last government promised that carrying a knife would carry a mandatory five year jail term however the average sentence for carrying a knife is less than three months with the perpetrator usually out in less than a month.

• Peter11 months agoReport

Increased jail terms are not the answer. Introduce the laws as applied in Singapore where crime is virtually zero. Why not introduce a tried and successful solution.

Sorry but I don't think there are any pro's to carrying a knife. We lost 2 friends due to knife crime. Both young lads who have left babies who will grow up without a Father. Such a waste of life. If you want carry a weapon join the army.

There is no need to carry one in the city Thats asking for trouble, But this anti-knife law is annoying for people in the country who need knives or for camping when you may have to pass through a town carrying a knife. I think any one who needs a knife should have a knife licence or something.

To carry a knife to a gun fight? is ridiculous, to say the least! That gun will win, over that knife any day. Unless everyone is carrying a knife ie. pig sticker, that would even out the ordeal.

Pocket knives were used during my younger days as a splinter remover. That's what my Father used his for :o)

You know they can be used for more then stabbing people right? I carry a knife and use it for stuff all the time but have never stabbed anyone

With my fists and quick temper I don't need a knife. Why should I go to prison for carrying something I don't need? Knifes are for winbles.

if u are cault with a nife u can be put up for at least 5 years i think and carry a knife u will be stabed ur self trust me it alll ways happens if u look the one who gets killed is the one with the knife

Fascists are taking over Britain, and you lot are inviting them in with open arms. I lived in London 20 years ago and loved it. Now you couldn't drag me back there. Stop and search, CCTV, can't even carry a freaking knife. What a shame. A disarmed populace is exactly what the NWO is counting on. Have fun in slavery.

Carryng a knife indicates intent. There's no need to anyone to be trotting around carrying such a weapon.

I always carry a machete with me, just in case a plant get's in my way; or I run into some thick jungle.