Lalala! asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 years ago

Do I need to go to a doctor specializing in immunity? I keep getting very sick.?

Over the last 7-8 months, I've been getting very sick.

It all started out with getting mono, then a severe kidney, urethra, and bladder infection. I was hospitalized and put on bed rest for 4 days, they gave me medicine and it gave me a vaginal yeast infection, I took another antibiotic to get rid of that and it gave me thrush.

I finally got rid of it and went to my pcp and she did blood work and told me I have Anemia. (She also made a comment that I was a hypocondriac) BUT every single time I go to her for a sickness, it is proven (by test) that I actually do have something.

Anyway, she put me on bc to help with the loss of iron and vitamins.

Anyway, two weeks ago, I was hospitalized with pneumonia and I still haven't gotten completely better.

I had side effects from the bc pill, depression and insomnia.

Which, I have insomnia regardless.

I feel like nothing is happening. I'm still tired all the time, getting sick. I now have a huge rash all over my face, neck, shoulders, and back. All visible things, so I know I am no crazy and making this up. I hate that she said so.

What could I have? Should I get further tested?

Because I've done everything to increase my iron and I still keep getting sick. Oh, and I've gained weight over the last month (like 7 lbs) but have maintained a 1,200 to 1,400 calorie diet.

Thanks

I'm 17 yrs old, btw

Favorite Answer

It's easy to label a patient a hypochondriac, but easily dangerous unless all potential diagnoses are excluded by testing.

-Have you been tested for diabetes (a blood test to determine your glucose level)? Those with diabetes are at increased risk for various infections, fatigue, mood swings, and weight gain.

-Have you had an HIV test?

-Need to rule out a thyroid disorder, like hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland).

-Anemia needs a work-up to determine why. Heavy menses can cause it, but so can other more worrisome causes.

I recommend seeing either:

-a different internist

-an infectious disease specialist

-or an endocrinologist.

Once you find a caring, curious, and smart physician they can help you find the solution to your problems.

Source(s): med man

Chances are you will not get unwell however simply pay concentration to any signs. Weakness, fever, cough. Your no longer going to die despite the fact that you get it. Just pass to the surgeon immediately for those who revel in the indicators, the document will supply you meds, comply with the recommendations at the label, drink lots of fluids. Starting in these days drink approximately sixteen ozof natural orange juice every day with a diet known as zinc. You'll be quality. I have had phnomia approximately 30 occasions in my existence and it hasn't killed me but...