Dru
Dru asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

Gun buy back program question.... what does buy back mean?

Some say it means the government owned them to begin with.... others say it does not mean that... what exactly does it mean? The government owned my gun before I bought it????? The F.... government owned MY gun????? The government want to take our guns......

Are you a member of the NRA, if not join now!!!

Well, honestly, like I said before, I think it's stupid.... the drug dealers aren't turning in guns.... the crackheads that are out of money are so they can buy more crack.... The cops are supplying the dopeheads......

Hey C!! You are the reason I asked this question... some people said the gov. owned them first, that is why it's called buy back and others said no... I was just wondering what the general census was... I am worried about our guns here in the U.S..... Australia is pretty close....

Favorite Answer

Chicago just had an event a week or two ago. If you turned in a handgun you got $75, AR15 (or like firearm; what liberals incorrectly call "assault rifles.") $100. You would turn them and they would give you the money on a Pre-Paid Mastercard and they would talk the gun no questions asked. Of course they would need info like name and address and I am sure several got arrested for past warrants and I would be surprised if something did not bite a few in the butt.

It does no good and turns into a liberal media frenzy to give other liberal viewers a false sense of "I am secure."

Source(s): Gun Owner, NRA member

Interesting I asked a similar question last night, I am sure you will get just as many great answers as I did.

I see it in ay to get rid of junk guns that are no longer safe to shoot, but have no interest in driving that far to cash in on an old gun, and most likely won't get a gift card or enough money to pay for the gas.

Thank you, it is interesting to hear how both sides of gun owners feel about it, enjoy the star I just gave you, and have a great day out shooting

I can see how the dopeheads and thieves are making out on this, as I am sure they are. I don't see any hunting/shooting enthusiasts turning in anything of value. So hopefully the dopeheads will OD after they cash in there guns for drugs, and a nice young lady like you or anybody else will get not get mugged or killed by criminals

I am a member of the NRA, and the Gov. never owned them first, unless it is issued to some sort of the military

I don't agree with the entire program. The guns they "buy" often have been stolen from citizens, rather then research the serial numbers and return them to the rightful owners the weapons are destroyed. Another issue I have is that there is little to no effort to verify where these weapons came from or if they have been used in a crime. I support citizens owning weapons but if those weapons are used for illegal purposes then someone deserves to be punished. What if that gun was used in a home invasion and the rape and murder of your daughter? Now a vital piece of evidence has now been legally destroyed. The programs are just another political ploy to remove guns from citizens.

First of all, no, the gummint didn't own your gun. Not ever. Gun buyback programs are kinda like the TSA at the airport. Totally ineffective, but they make rich white liberals feel good. Turn in a gun, get 50 bucks. Here in Pittsburgh they do this periodically, and guess who runs the program? A retired cop who is president of a gun collector's association. Most of the stuff that gets turned in is real garbage, but occasionally some poor old widow cuts loose of a German Luger for 50 bucks because her WWII vet husband died and she's afraid of guns. Yeah, I bet those get melted down.

Source(s): Join a gun activist group. NRA is O.K. at national level, but grassroots organizations are better. Take a look at my group at www.foac-pac.org We're making progress in Pennsylvania.

I belong to the NRA and I agree with getting illegal guns off the street..the ones that are connected with numerous murders and ones that are old and don't work correctly and are passed around time after time and do no good. HOWEVER...there are those of us who own guns and own them because we have a right to and do it legally and aren't going to "sell" our guns back for $25 when some of us have thousands of dollars invested in our guns. It's another form of communist control and a way they think they can control us. It's good in some ways, but bad in others. They need to leave responsible gun owners alone and worry about the crackheads and drug lords who are selling unsafe guns. I agree...join the NRA.

Peace, Love & Happiness

A buy back program is where someone (either a store, the police, etc) offer to pay a certain amount for guns that you bring to them. When hte cops do it, its supposedly to keep illegal guns off the street. Generally they have a 'no questions asked' policy, just turn in the gun and get a tiny amount of cash.

In few cases, a style of gun may be illegal to posess due to a new law, and the state offers 'compensation' to the legal owners who just got screwed.

I'm with MOUNTAIN MAN on this! It proves that old geezer isn't totally off his rocker! All those ganstas' would be bringin' in their pimped out postola for a little bit o' crack money! Then we turn around and sell these guns online and make a HUGE turn over! I'll put $1000 in the pot, who will equal that?

That's a good question. I never really thought about it, but what does buyBACK mean?...Why don't they just call it buy? I know one thing for certain, they're gonna have to dig deep into the treasury if they want to buyback my intercontinental ballistic missiles.

I think it means buy back stolen guns...but I am not sure.........you guys decide but personally I think I should go set up a table in an alley in george town or white center and have like $ 2000.00 to play with and start my own buy back program and pay $ 25.00 for each gun I get........

whatdayathink?????????............; ))

• C_F_45

Gun buy back = Liberals spending your money to make themselves feel better, while doing absolutely nothing worthwhile.

Source(s): Benefactor Life Member NRA