Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Can someone explain how communism killed 100 million people?

Well according to many of you, politicians had nothing to do with it and 100 million people just spontaneously combusted.

I won't bother arguing with the misinformed, but I'm trying to make a point. Ideologies themselves don't kill, PEOPLE kill.

Baub- You just reinforced my point.

Me- I know, but I'm trying to see what other people's explanation on how "communism" kills.

• Reigh
    Favorite Answer

I can explain how creeping xenophobic fascism killed 6 million people in Europe in the 1940's.

As for communism I'm not sure.

Source(s): We're killing Iraqis and Afghans every month and we apparently have capitalism here. I don't hear anyone weeping for them or decrying capitalism.

Actually is is far closer to over 200 million people have been killed by socialist/ communist governments since 1917. This includes the USSR, Communist China, and Nazi Germany, both during war and in peace. Over 50 million Chinese were eliminated in China alone during the 1960's. Another 50+ million have even killed during the time that the USSR existed. The Nazis are only about 15 to 20 million. Then when you add the other deaths from smaller socialist countries, like Cambodia, and Fascist Italy for example, the numbers add up to the 200 million mark. To put it into perspective, socialist have killed more people in the past 100 years, then in all the wars in 5000 years of human history before the start of WWI combined.

An ideology can't in itself kill someone, however those adhering to an ideology may become murderous. We can all agree that Fascist, Socialist, and Communist governments are responsible for the murder of their population. I'm not saying that there aren't Capitalists who are insane, but generally the more power given to the government the worse off the people are. Can you name me one huge government that is a benign institution?

Deaths are more attributable to the failures of those in the governments than economic system itself. Referring to deaths is a poor and simplistic argument. Stalin and Mao were the first to really screw up the first stages of communism, and importantly, never achieved it... even if they had they were in a position to implement policies and cause a lot of suffering. There are however many other reasons to prefer free market capitalism.

Please read a history book or two. Stalin sent millions to labor camps in Siberia just for their political or religious views. Millions died from the sever conditions. I have a dear friend from Siberia who's grandpa was sent to Siberia from Poland for this very reason. He survived and eventually had a family in a small town near Vladivostok. They never tried to go back to Poland. That is how Communism killed millions. When very few have absolute power, the power can be corrupted absolutely. Dictatorships have the same danger.

It's basically the same argument the pro-guns movement uses: guns don't kill people, people do. Well, if we were to follow the same logic, communism hasn't killed anyone; that has been the work of tyrants and dictatorships.

• Cody M6 years agoReport

Except guns actually don't kill people, and Communism is a dogma that is inherently totalitarian and genocidal, you ******* lying jackass.

Communism enslaves the people forced to live under it. It is the ultimate example of mob rule and is backed 100% by coercion and violence.

It is a HORRIBLE, repeat after me you Statist pig, HORRIBLE system.

And since you asked a ridiculous question you'll agree that if I shoot you in resistance to your Communist takeover that I did not kill you, that the GUN did, right? An instrument is an instrument. Your philosophies have been tried and failed. Let it go.

Source(s): Libertarian - Live Free OR DIE
  • crunch

The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.

Karl Marx

The only way to remove all resistance to socialism is to murder enough of it to suppress what remains, and there will always and forever be resistance to socialism.

Apparently socialists are also willing to work and starve to death, even the innocent to keep the opposition suppressed, in a "there but for the grace of God (or the state) go I", sort of thing.

• Bobbi

The government stockpiled wheat. Plenty to go around. But not to the people. Millions starved to death. Stalin didn't want people to be independent. All about 'government control'. So, the solution? Starve them to death. Quench the revolt.

Read on my link.

And read the Black Book Of Communism.

Stalin, Pol Pot, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, and others killed millions by sending them to camps.

Also, if you any statistics to show me, please link them with a source or two, because you seem like a middle schooler.