promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

I NEED HELP SOON REPORT DUE TOMORROW!!!?

I have a report due tomorrow but when i try to fix something in the middle of the sentence on the computer it will erase the next letter. It is really hard to explain i don't know any better way to explain it but if you know what im talking about and you can help please tell me how to fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is the overtype setting turned on? That is, when you type a letter, does it overtype the next letter instead of inserting a new one? Press the INSERT key on your keyboard once and you'll be put back into insert mode instead of overtype mode.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

There are two quick ways to fix this annoying problem.

1. Go to the very bottom of your screen (right underneath the bottom scroll bar), where you will see the letters REC, TRK, EXT, and OVR. Double-click on "OVR" and the problem will go away.

2. Press the "insert" button on your keyboard. It is located above the arrow keys, next to the "home" and "delete" button.

Source(s): This happens to me all the time and I've been tought how to fix it in computer class.
  • 1 decade ago

You have the insert key pressed if you are on Microsoft word on the bottom ovr is probably dark press the insert key(near the top right of keyboard) to turn it off

• 1 decade ago

You accidentally pressed *insert*. Press it again to fix the problem. If that doesn't work, the copy and paste the part afterward. Hope this helps!

-Hunter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Sorry, nobody wants to write a book report. You'd better start reading!

• 1 decade ago

u probly pressed insert. the insert button is next to the delete button

• 1 decade ago

I think you've hit the insert button. hit it again and the problem will stop. (it's probably located above your arrow keys)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just edit copy everything that comes after the point where you are gonna start typing, then type what you want to type, then edit paste

• 1 decade ago

on the bottom right corner.. it says caps..num.. or ovr

make sure none of it is dark... it should all be faded out..if not click on it till it is

• You hit the button INSERT. Hit it again and it should stop... :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.