Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

CAN YOU AWESOME WRITERS HELP ME(very very easy)?

How would you introduce a third person joining in on a conversation.

Like if two people are talking and they hear another voice added to the conversation before they know who it is, how would I write that?

EXAMPLE:

"I just got done trimming the swazzle-banger." Carry said pointing to her house.

"Yeah, those muffel-mockers are a real pain these days." Derrick chuckled. "I had to cut the sizzle-sucker for Mrs. Gunner and she paid me in Gooker-Bonkers."

"No flim flam! Me too!" the unknown voice chimed.

Sorry, this is weird but I don't know how to let the third person just jump in cause the other two characters don't know him and he says something and they turn to him.

Can you please help me.

Thank you.

=D

Oh and this isn't the dialogue from my book. I'm just trying to entertain myself.

=)

Favorite Answer

"I just got done trimming the swazzle-banger." Carry said.

Apparently, their conversation wasn't going unnoticed.

"No flim flam! Me too!" someone chimed in.

Carry and Derrick turned toward the wheezy voice.

---

Hope that helps!

"No flim flam! Me too!" the unknown voice chimed in.

Both persons turned to the new and un-known voice. Daisy grinned as he walked over to the two best friends. Clearly their ranting had gone out of control if the Daft Daisy could eavesdrop on their conversation half way across the soccer field.

It's best not to put basic sentences, like "They turned to Daisy who grinned as he...." Because that lacks pizazz and can become boring. Try to think outside the box, think of words you don't use normally, but make sure you know what they mean.

Use words to describe and tease characters, but try not to sound too harsh or child-ish, even if it's a bad character, or someone you don't like. (There should always be something good and bad about EVERY character, no matter how evil or holy).

A mix of longer sentences to describe something, and short sentences to make something become dramatic, and 'smooth' words (I mean words that roll off the tongue, (what I call it)) often, like adding brilliant instead of bright infront of light.

Source(s): Me, myself, and I (along with six years of writing)
  • "I just got done trimming the swazzle-banger." Carry said pointing to her house.

"No flim flam! Me too!" an unknown voice chimed in.

Carry and Derrick turned in surprise at the strange voice.

"Who are you?" Derrick asked slowly.

[Here the unknown character says his/her name. You also might want to describe this character.]

Hope this helps!

how bout'

"No flim flam! Me too!" another voice chimed in.

hope it helps :)

"...me in Gooker-Bonkers."

"No flim flam! Me too!"

Carry and Derrick turned towards the voice...

I think that a good way to introduce him/her/it. Or (since its a weird story) he/she/it could fall out of a tree (or "swazzle-banger") or fall behind/in front and they turn and ask if he/she/it is okay. Or he/she/it could ask directions or something. Hope I help! ♦♥♦

P.S. GREAT story!