How many calories does a human body have?

Has anyone put a human body in a calorimeter and checked?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think most of the people who answered actually understood what you're asking..

Let's take a 150 lb. person and do the math...

If you discount the skeleton (20 lbs), internal organs (another 20 lbs), and skin, (10 lbs) the actual "meat" of a 150 lb person would yield approximately 100 lbs. At roughly the same caloric equivalent muscle to fat ratio comparable to a bear (770 calories per pound) it works out to approximately 77 thousand calories.

And that's before adding the ketchup and fava beans.

Source(s): <edit> an extremely obese person may be comparable to pork, but most 'normal' people actually have bodyfat ratios closer to bear than pig.
  • Audrey
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

well there are animals that prey on humans, it is just a bit more difficult for them...we have guns now. Lions, tigers, bears (oh my) wild dogs, pumas, snakes all attack humans with the chance. Yes we have calories. Calories is in sugar, proteins...and proteins is the main building block of humans (and all other animals). The energy is stored in the bonds between the different molecules of the body, when they are broken down energy is released, and that energy can also be measured as calories. Hope this clarifies.

• Gary
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

http://www.positivehealthsteps.com/calories/pork-c...

That site shows the caloric values for pork. The different cuts are around 200 Calories per 100g when raw. To estimate the number of Calories produced by burning up a human, you could use those numbers and get approximately the right answer.

So, at 200 Calories per 100g, a 75kg human would have on the order of 150,000 Calories. A lean, muscular person might have fewer calories than a flabby, overweight person, but that should be approximately the right number.

• 1 decade ago

It has as many as you put into it. Just as you put gasoline in a car - say 20 gallons, that is how many are in there. As you drive it uses gas as a body uses calories until all are gone. Unlike a car, if you keep putting more calories into the body that you do not use up, the body makes more tanks to store the overage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw8b0

A calorie is a measure of energy, specifically how much energy it takes to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water one degree celcius. Thats like saying does the body have inches or centimeters?

• 1 decade ago

i'm not sure about the actual calorie count, but it is fairly high. i try to cut them up in to smaller more mannagable portions and freeze them for a later date. you should be able to make an average size adult female last up to 6 months, depending on how you cook it. as you are worried about calorie count i would suggest that you dont deep fry, but maybe grill, roast or make some kind of delicious stew.

• 1 decade ago

everyone has different calorie intakes each day, so you can't base calories on just one person. Some people eat under 1000 calories per day and others eat more.

• 1 decade ago

1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. I don't know how much energy you could extract from other tissues, though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It varies with the fat content and how many twinkies the person has eaten.

• 1 decade ago

why?? are you a planning on eating someone??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.