Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 years ago

My boyfriend sucks. He didnt get me anything for mothers day but a card...not even flowers?

He is not the father of my child, but even my ex h got my a bouquet of flowers and even took me to dinner. My boyfriend said he was short on money but he just went to get rims on his truck 2 weeks before. He got his taxes but I guess thats all gone.... I had a great day overall but it sucks that my own boyfriend didnt get me anything but a friecken card. I got gifts from everyone else , mom, gma...etc but this clown. He always playing the broke card and I'm sick of it. He did take me out to dinner a few weeks prior and brought me a pr of $120. air max but dam, some flowers could have sufficed today..just sayin...what should I do

Favorite Answer

My husband (who is the father of our child, of course) did not get me anything for Mother's Day. We don't do cheesy Hallmark holidays created by greedy, needy, codependent women who want to extract more stuff from men. (Actually, I think most Hallmark holidays were also created because the retial companies want to con more money out of people.)

Well, he did say I could go out for lunch by myself, but that was in part because our two-year-old was being two and he told her that she wasn't going on a trip with them anymore. (I didn't feel too bad. She was being two in church and I had to deal with it alone and got punished, having to miss most of church. My husband is the pastor and could not help.) Before I ate, though, I went Treasure Hunting in town digging through the very good stuff that the university kids threw away. I found a digital camera (only a 3.1 megapixel, but it's a good pocket size and sufficient for what I want now until we can afford to get me a better one; Ironically, we had been looking, but decided to wait), two watches, some clothes, some of which I can actually wear, others I will probably donate, groceries for us, food pantry donations, dishes and a tray that don't even coordinate with ours, but I'm sure I can find a use for, and some random other stuff. Really, though, my going out for lunch by myself had little to do with Mother's Day, but because I've not been able to do that for awhile.

Your boyfriend MIGHT be broke. So he didn't get you much. Big deal. It's just one cheesy Hallmark holiday. However, it sounds as though your ex might be thinking something other than platonic affection and respect for the mother of his son.

Your boyfriend may have needed the rims on his truck so the tire ware and work properly and he doesn't get into an accident.

If he spends thousands on tire rims and blows tax money and then says he's broke all the time, it sounds like you are really upset your boyfriend is cheap at other times, not necessarily mother's day. The getting stuff from other people on this day just highlights his lack of giving at other times, perhaps.

As far as mother's day goes in all fairness, the boyfriend gave you a card for being a mother to someone else's child. He may be bad with money, but he didn't fail to celebrate you.

My husband didn't get me a material gift OR a card and he IS the father of my children. He made a meal and let me sleep in late and that was my gift. I'm fine with it. It was a high stress week for him and I understand that he didn't have the time or energy or whatever to go pick out a card. He tells me and shows me throughout the year how much he appreciates me as the mother of his children and how much he loves me.

Let your boyfriend off the hook on this one.

Source(s): Life's easier when you let the little things go.

He's not your mom, and he's not even a dad so why would he get you anything for mother's day? If he didn't get you anything for Valentines day, your bday, or christmas, or even an anniversary I would say you have an argument. But since you had a good day, he put in the effort to get you a card even though you aren't his mom, I'd say he did enough.

• ?

Gosh Melanie you want it all dont you ??

Mothers day is just that so if your ex and father to your child

got you flowers that should be it !!

He was even ok with you going to dinner with him ! How cool is he

Your MOM got you ??

Should,nt that be the other way round

• .

.You and he share no children, therefore he was under no obligation to acknowledge the holiday with you at all. That he at least got you a card, was thoughtful. His paychecks are his to spend as he desires, unless you two share a household and bills (which you didn't indicate).

What should you do? Learn to count your blessings and stop expecting your boyfriend to be a gift-horse.

He's NOT THE FATHER of your child, you just said so yourself.

Would you buy a fathers day card for someone who isn't your father?

..He is not your husband or the father of your child..why in the hell are you expecting anything?

Actually I'm going to call troll on this after reading it a second time. There is no way in hell someone can be this idiotic.

Herein lies the reason that mother's day is the 2nd highest time of year for cheating women

You are not his mother! Nor is he the father of your child! He owes you nothing! Get over it!

You should be lucky and thankful for what he did get you ..1st of all you are not his mother nor the mother of your child and he didn't have get you the freakin card.